Front driver side clunk

raul_gianino

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Last nigh started a huge and extremely noticeable clunk. I thought the suspension was loose cause it was pretty loud. Everything is tight. End links are tight too. I'm on bc coilovers and I've never had this until last night... Any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any specific time it occurs? on left or right turns? on acceleration? when shifting? when going over bumps?

If the end links are overtightened or under tightened they will clunk. I am not sure the correct tightness because I messed up mine and had the alignment shop replace them and now that are fine and no clunking.

The direction doesn't matter. Over bumps, cracks on the road. Anything that isn't flat really. I just got home from work and from one moment to the other it stopped. Couple minutes later it came back..

That doesnt make any sense...

Google it. I had no idea but the alignment shop advised me of this after I replace mine. I had clunks coming from my front end after replacing the strut assemblies and end links. After the replaced the end links again no problems.

Mine had a terrible clunck. The lower ball joints were shot. Replaced them with new lower control arms and all was well You will need to get under your car possibly with a pry bar and do some looking around.

Back