Front brake issue

pbarton14

:
2003.5 MSP
so i just replaced my brakes , calipers and rotors , to try and fix this nasty sound. but it hasn't stopped. it is a grinding noise that sounds like " sh shhh shhh shhhhh shhhhhhhhh sh sh sh" as i come to a stop . i inspected the brakes and the very top of the rotor is somehow making contact with the caliper, when i looked at the old caliper it had gouges in it from where the rotor had grinded it so much. the sound will almost be gone if im driving 40 but if im going 60 its super loud. it is the front passenger brake if that matters. the driver brake doesnt make the sound either.
thanks guys

I already gave auto zone the cores lol so I'll have to wait until these ones grind away and then take it all apart again

i cant really remember but isnt there a hardware kit that go with the brake pads? bc the issue your describing to me sounds like that metal clip that goes inbetween the pads should prevent the caliper from contacting the rotor.

other then that idk, the only other thing that comes to mind is maybe you got the wrong size rotors? but since you said you had the issue before you replaced them kind of rules that out.

The metal clip. That must be it , I didn't put it in and I didn't have it in before but I never knew how to put it in, any instructions ?the one I'm thinking about isn't the slides for the pad, it's a 3 angled wire pretty much right.

Hard to explain, best to just buy a hardware kit at a parts store.

Basically is shaped like an H and on the top it has two prongs that grab the hole in the caliper right above the caliper piston
You'll know what it is when you see it

Back