Friggin Silverstars

i ran 1 set of silverstars for a little over a year in mine. passenger blew out first, then driver blew out a month later. $25 on sale at pepboys now. i'm not sure if i'm gonna get a third set.

I blew through 3 or 4 sets of silverstars, I finally realized that for the amount of Silverstars I went through...I could have just bought 1 hid and have it last for a few years in stead of changing bulbs every couple months....

What I can say is that, once you get HID, you dont go back...lol

Er, I think I may have had Cool Blues on my P5 before. I've had nothing but problems w/OEM and the CBs. My driver's side just went out last week. Did I fry something w/the CBs?

I'm not into the Cool Blues, I like bright white headlights. I have the silverstars for headlights, foglights. I also have their front turn signal lights, because I like them.

I've gone through a few set of Silverstars. They will burn out quicker if you touch them with your fingers and don't clean them with alcohol before putting them in. Condensation inside the headlight housing will also help them shorten their lifespan. I don't want those OEM bulbs, too amber/yellow for my taste.

There's also the GE Nighthawks that are supposed to be comparable to Silverstars that just came out, I am looking at trying them.

They have them at a local store and they cost a lot less then Silverstars. I think Canadian Tire has them online. Check this out for more info on them if you're interested:

http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=12967&postid=161155

hey roni, how long did your silverstars last for your fogs, and do you run them with your headlights? the yellow-ish stock H3's are no bueno.

Have you tried Osram bulbs? I think they are European Sylvania's, a little brighter on low beam much better on high beam. I have had them on my 03 es for 1 1/2 years with no problems. I am trying to remember the companys name, i know they are English. I know other people on this forum use them

tonkabui said:
hey roni, how long did your silverstars last for your fogs, and do you run them with your headlights? the yellow-ish stock H3's are no bueno.

I get about 6-12 months on my silverstar fog lights. I had to replace one a few months ago, but the other one has been in for almost a year. Yeah I run the silverstar fogs and headlights because the colors match. I hate yellow fog lights with a passion.

man i hate silverstars.. they suck.

you can never go wrong with PIAA... i know theyre more expensive, but better then buying 2-3 sets of silverstars per year. i actually have Falcons in right now.. they have a nice hint of blue, but a very bright white underlay..

Cool Blues look great...

coolblues.JPG

how much do the Piaa's cost...and how much do the HID lights cost?

do you have to get new wiring for the lights? or can you just replace the bulb?

Back