FRIDAY NIGHTS! ! Drag and Show

CBD03

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3 #196
I don't know if any of ya'll have heard but on Next two friday nights, July 28 and Aug 4, at Atlanta Motor Speedway there is a drag/shine contest is what they are calling it. You pay $20 to get in and you can show and drag your car as much as you want. You drive in the infield and show along with pretty much any car you can think of (within reason). I went up there this past friday and it was awsome. Gates open @ 7:00 and everybody starts to get there around 8ish. If anybody is interested, let me know cuz I am going to try to get there early and get some spots for Mazdas. BTW there was not a single mazda there this past friday so we need to show them up. I hope ya'll are as excited about this as I am.

CBD03 said:
I don't know if any of ya'll have heard but on Next two friday nights, July 28 and Aug 4, at Atlanta Motor Speedway there is a drag/shine contest is what they are calling it. You pay $20 to get in and you can show and drag your car as much as you want. You drive in the infield and show along with pretty much any car you can think of (within reason). I went up there this past friday and it was awsome. Gates open @ 7:00 and everybody starts to get there around 8ish. If anybody is interested, let me know cuz I am going to try to get there early and get some spots for Mazdas. BTW there was not a single mazda there this past friday so we need to show them up. I hope ya'll are as excited about this as I am.

BUMP

No problem, pass the word around, it is suppose to be pretty awsome. I don't know how many people like to drag their cars, most are either show or autocros. I hope that there are a few that turn out.

yeah its hard to find draggers in the protege section, most of us autox, myself included, but I would have come out to watch at least.

Actually this looked pretty cool, I saw it on channel 5. I don't know if they allow grudge racing or if they set up races, though. I'd hate to go up against a big domestic V8 in my little pro, and there were some "real" drag cars there.

Yeah, I think that they set it up so you won't go up against domestics. It will be friday night at 7:30 at AMS. If you are familiar with the track, go like you are going to the infield and you will have to drive through the tunnel. I will be there around 7:15-7:30ish. I am in a Midnight blue p5 and my name is Carey. I hope to see ya'll there.

It shuts down at 11:00ish and I am sure there are people that just hang around till like 12 or 1 even.

Went to AMS last night it was great. You guys should really check it out. It's an eighth mile run. They have classes for everyone. There was also 4 bad ass RX-7's their. I might go and run next friday Iknow I won't win but it will be fun. They do elemination runs and you could end up running something slow or fast.

Latest posts

Back