fresh rebuild wont start

gage311

:
2002 Protege es
so i just finished rebuilding the fsde in my 02 protege and im getting a no crank no start. first of all yes all the plugs are pluged in i am missing one hose i think, the one that goes from the fuel rail passenger side where the fuel line plugs in, the vacuum line that goes from there to the throttle body area is missing . but that shouldnt stop it from cranking at least but i also dont hear the fuel pump prime either. as far as what i did for the rebuild, i rebuilt the head lapped the valves and cleaned it, the block i got from a guy on here which was preassembled with a crank pistons mbsp oil pan and oil pump. i put a new water pump timing belt tensioner and idler pulleys. new flywheel and clutch. all the motor mounts and belts and a few sensors (that i lost) and a full gasket kit. the starter was replaced just before i started rebuilding the motor so i know its good i only used it like 3 times before i spun a rod bearing. i did crank the motor over by hand after i put it all together and there was no binding at all and when i tried using the starter i had the fuel injectors unplugged and the spark plugs removed. ive got power from the battery (16+ volts when i used the jumper box) and ive got ground from the motor i tried jumping the starter with a wire and i get nothing any thoughts?

did you ground the starter? all wires in the correct location?

automatic transmission? how did you mate the transmission and engine together? does the starter click at all?

the starter grounds out when bolts to the trans as i understand it but there are two wires that go to it and both are good. i attached the trans to the motor outside the car and dropped them in as one and it is a manual altho i do need to bleed the clutch it goes to the floor but the trans is in neutral and the clutch switch is switched so it should still start or crank

I think its good i checked it whe i did the starter the first time but ill check it again later when i get home im off to a swap meet this morning

Switch is good and i had the starter tested again and its good i checked the voltage to the starter in the start position and im getting 12 volts to the starter

Back