FREE MPI help!

Not even sure it runs on XP, would have to check my software. IIRC it was 98 or w2k. As far as maps I think there are thread(s) with some maps in it/them. Look for some Tuning Library thread/section, IIRC that's where I saw them.

edit - look at the sticky at the top of this section - maps for all ems's

there is a guy on here that i might buy an MPI tuner from. just wondering, i have a FMIC, Catless exhaust, SRI, type-s bov, ported exhaust mani, and thats about it. does anyone have a map that i could use for something like that? also, does the MPI program run on vista?

I could send you my MAP. Well maybe one of my older ones before I had the new engine and did not have the extra injectors.
It ran well with the MAP for 1.5 years or so. I got around 37MPG and ran a s*** ton of boost. Just make sure to ALWAYS back up your existing map first don't do it once, do it twice and then load a new map.
It is best to have an A\B switch so you can instantly switch back if it wont run or if it runs like crap. I loaded up a buddies PR5 MPI map (he is boosted) and it barely ran so I just loaded my stock map back and VIOLA!
It ran again.
I am no tuning guru but I have used an MPI with a good measure of success for coming up on three years now...
My MPI software runs on Vista but there are huge variables in system setup so who knows if it will work on yours. I have 6 PC's and 4 laptops so I have no issue finding a box to run it on :)

I could send you my MAP. Well maybe one of my older ones before I had the new engine and did not have the extra injectors.
It ran well with the MAP for 1.5 years or so. I got around 37MPG and ran a s*** ton of boost. Just make sure to ALWAYS back up your existing map first don't do it once, do it twice and then load a new map.
It is best to have an A\B switch so you can instantly switch back if it wont run or if it runs like crap. I loaded up a buddies PR5 MPI map (he is boosted) and it barely ran so I just loaded my stock map back and VIOLA!
It ran again.
I am no tuning guru but I have used an MPI with a good measure of success for coming up on three years now...
My MPI software runs on Vista but there are huge variables in system setup so who knows if it will work on yours. I have 6 PC's and 4 laptops so I have no issue finding a box to run it on :)
pm sent

so i have downloaded the software from post 56, inserted the key into the directory and i still get the runtime error 75. any clue on what im doing wrong?

no i already have the mpi set-up (the computer and turbo module) brand new from another member. it just came with no software. can you help me out?

ok finally tonight i got it to work. i cracked the software that was posted by bigg timm way back in post 56. what was happening before is i would download it, unzip it, and then go to open the program and get Runtime error 75.

Basically what had happened was either modern performance inc. or someone had locked the software so that no one could use it. you have to go into the properties, and completely erase all the parent overrights with the program. what i mean by this is erase all the users that have access to the program. the go to the next advanced menu and add yourself on. you will get about 5-6 screens into the properties of the program. Also un-mark the read only box.

just thought i'd let anyone else know who is having (or going to have this problem in the future) with this software.

ok finally tonight i got it to work. i cracked the software that was posted by bigg timm way back in post 56. what was happening before is i would download it, unzip it, and then go to open the program and get Runtime error 75.

Basically what had happened was either modern performance inc. or someone had locked the software so that no one could use it. you have to go into the properties, and completely erase all the parent overrights with the program. what i mean by this is erase all the users that have access to the program. the go to the next advanced menu and add yourself on. you will get about 5-6 screens into the properties of the program. Also un-mark the read only box.

just thought i'd let anyone else know who is having (or going to have this problem in the future) with this software.

how are you running the mpi, per nicks instructions??

i havent installed the MPI yet. the reason being is a saw no use in installing a computer on my car that i cant tune cause the software was messed up. this is why i made sure the software worked first.

why you ask if i installed it by nicks instructions. i have a few different guides downloaded on how to install it on the car that i am going to be following tommorrow when i install it.

i havent installed the MPI yet. the reason being is a saw no use in installing a computer on my car that i cant tune cause the software was messed up. this is why i made sure the software worked first.

why you ask if i installed it by nicks instructions. i have a few different guides downloaded on how to install it on the car that i am going to be following tommorrow when i install it.

i asked because there are so many different ways to have it setup, it all depends on the turbo module. i spent quite a long time trying to get it setup correctly. this is how i would recommend running it:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720195

ok so i went to do a mock up of the wiring yesterday before i did it, and i noticed i must have a different version of the turbo module. i have no green wire off the module. my wire colors go as:

7 different wires

2 brown (1 long 1 short)
2 grey (1 long 1 short)
1 red (short)
1 blue (long)
1 black (long)

when reading a MPI install manual i realize my turbo module doesnt have the;

step #4: the green Turbo Module wire to the PCM light green w/black #88 wire

step #14: Install one of the Turbo module purple coolant clamp wires to the purple w/yellow #38 wire to the engine, the other Turbo module purple wire goes to the PCM side of the purple w/yellow #38 wire.

step #15: Install one of the Turbo module yellow ACT clamp wires to the blue w/white #39 wire to the engine. The other Turbo module yellow wire goes to the PCM side of the blue w/white #39 wire.

Step 17: Install the orange Turbo module wire to the MPI Tuner orange #16 wire.

and that was nicks mpi install with pics manual

ok so i went to do a mock up of the wiring yesterday before i did it, and i noticed i must have a different version of the turbo module. i have no green wire off the module. my wire colors go as:

7 different wires

2 brown (1 long 1 short)
2 grey (1 long 1 short)
1 red (short)
1 blue (long)
1 black (long)

when reading a MPI install manual i realize my turbo module doesnt have the;

step #4: the green Turbo Module wire to the PCM light green w/black #88 wire

step #14: Install one of the Turbo module purple coolant clamp wires to the purple w/yellow #38 wire to the engine, the other Turbo module purple wire goes to the PCM side of the purple w/yellow #38 wire.

step #15: Install one of the Turbo module yellow ACT clamp wires to the blue w/white #39 wire to the engine. The other Turbo module yellow wire goes to the PCM side of the blue w/white #39 wire.

Step 17: Install the orange Turbo module wire to the MPI Tuner orange #16 wire.

and that was nicks mpi install with pics manual

i sure hope you didnt buy this current setup from MPI, especially if he charged extra for the turbo module.

your turbo module sounds identical to the "final" version i received. all it is are 2 relays to keep the coils from overheating when the ignition is in the "on" position and a 2.2k ohm resistor.

i would highly recommend going the to the "preferred setup" that i linked to you previously.

no i didnt buy this from MPI. i bought it from a member here on the boards. so is there anyway for someone to tell me what wires go to what?

im so lost about this

i cant find a map taht lets my car start.. i dont know how to program this... and i have read all the posts on here... well atleast in this string.. and a few others and it is just not working for me... i did get my car to start once... but i got my cat red hot at an idle... i dont kno what that is all about... called mpi nick... he said he would look into it... no word back yet... messaged dino.... no word back yet... tihs is what i get for selling my haltec argh

i cant find a map taht lets my car start.. i dont know how to program this... and i have read all the posts on here... well atleast in this string.. and a few others and it is just not working for me... i did get my car to start once... but i got my cat red hot at an idle... i dont kno what that is all about... called mpi nick... he said he would look into it... no word back yet... messaged dino.... no word back yet... tihs is what i get for selling my haltec argh

you said you read the last string of messages, so im sure you saw my link:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720195

dont even bother running it any other way. Dino will say the same thing.

I am installing a MPI tuner with Turbo module on a friend's MSP. I can not for the life of me get a connection to my laptop. I have the comm port set up properly in the MPI software and in my laptop also. The MPI unit is getting power so I know that it is on when the key is on. What should I look for?

Back