Fred Durst Rapping in the 80's....Vanilla Ice much?

HEDpe's first album wasn't half bad.

but you gotta go WAY before them for the first rap rock group. Some say it was Bad Brains, some say Suicidal Tendancies some people make a very interesting case for Led Zeppelin believe it or not. (Listen to Black Dog!)

Hed PE is awesome!!! I loved their first one! They really had it going on!!!
I really don't feel there is any originality in mixing rap and rock. It has been done so many times and you know it is kinda out of the real thing when you can date it back to the late 70's early 80's with Blondie doing it!!!

Bah... Im all about the old school. Give me Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, or The Who any day over the s*** that people are putting out now. No substance what-so-ever in music today :(.

chino said:
HEDpe's first album wasn't half bad.

but you gotta go WAY before them for the first rap rock group. Some say it was Bad Brains, some say Suicidal Tendancies some people make a very interesting case for Led Zeppelin believe it or not. (Listen to Black Dog!)

I don't know about Led Zeppelin. I don't think either Bad Brains nor Suicidal set out to be that way. It was just a part of them. Not something that they tried at!!!
Kinda like Anthrax when they did "I'm the MAN" and later totally f'ked up with "Bring the Noise"
I just think a lot of bands today do it because they think it is a quick ticket to fame. Just like the down-tuned bass of Korn and such not. Pretty much a lot of band lack originality, and a true melding of styles!!!

TRexPro5 said:
Bah... Im all about the old school. Give me Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, or The Who any day over the s*** that people are putting out now. No substance what-so-ever in music today :(.

There is substance to a lot of bands now-a-days, but you have to go looking for it. The bands that have substance aren't usually popular because popular usually equates to overplayed, lacking, s***!!!

Originally posted by Cirielle
I don't know about Led Zeppelin. I don't think either Bad Brains nor Suicidal set out to be that way. It was just a part of them. Not something that they tried at!!!
Kinda like Anthrax when they did "I'm the MAN" and later totally f'ked up with "Bring the Noise"
I just think a lot of bands today do it because they think it is a quick ticket to fame. Just like the down-tuned bass of Korn and such not. Pretty much a lot of band lack originality, and a true melding of styles!!!

I don't think Bad Brains or Tendancies (or any of the 25 other bands that you could put here) set out to do (or could even concieve of the hybrid of the two) rap/rock either but it was in their music in some form.

Originally posted by Cirielle
There is substance to a lot of bands now-a-days, but you have to go looking for it. The bands that have substance aren't usually popular because popular usually equates to overplayed, lacking, s***!!!

EXACTLY! There are TONS and TONS of really great bands doing very cool things(insert long list here). But I promise you'll never ever hear it on the radio and you may never know unless you go looking for it.

chino said:
Linkin Park is the best band in the world?? Well I'm off to shoot myself in the face.

Hey Chino, what are friends for? *KA-BLAM* well now that takes care of you.... *KA-BLAM*

Back