Fortin EVO MAZT1

dergibog

:
Mazda CX-5 '14 GTw/Tech
Ok guys. Question on the remote start Evo. They have the ALL, the ONE and now a MAZT1. What would be the biggest difference & advantage of these be? Anyone with experience know? I'm kinda confused on the real differences of the 3 of them. (confused)

Ok guys. Question on the remote start Evo. They have the ALL, the ONE and now a MAZT1. What would be the biggest difference & advantage of these be? Anyone with experience know? I'm kinda confused on the real differences of the 3 of them. (confused)
i have the Fortin evo all i think it was straight forward wiring and works great. you want the evo all i spliced all my wires by hand . there werent a t harness available that is what the mazt1 is plug and play fyi need to buy the programmer

Last edited:
I'm looking into these systems as well and would like to know how the door unlock works once the car is started? Does the keyless entry still sense your keyfob and allow to unlock with the door button? Does the remote still unlock the doors? I'd like 3x start but still need a way into the car

So, even though I'm still a bit confused on a few things, I went online to order one as a Christmas gift. The only place I could find one that wasn't in Canada was an eBay seller. anderson_electronics_inc
The guy is really nice and helpful. He said the programing procedure was long and tedious for Mazda, but I want to give it a try anyway. I'm a DIYer and like problem solving so it should be a pretty fun project.
I have a wife & daughter though so it could be a while even after Christmas to install but I'll try to share my experience when I get it done.
One thing I did find that is lame is that Fortin runs a tech site called wirecolor.com and they have instructions but it's not free. I think you get one 48 hour access key with a purchase so, that kinda suck but we shall see.

fortin web site shows everything for free also Amazon sells evo all did you buy the programmer you cant use it without programming the unit with a computer ? easiest part is programming so who ever told you that is full of s***

Last edited:
There's a separate post on this, somewhere. I have managed to speak to Fortin, thrice already. EVO-MAZT1 is basically EVO-ALL + the T-harness. Officially they have listed it in their website but not officially released to distributors. That's why it isn't available in Amazon or elsewhere, yet. I asked if I can just buy the T-harness separately and buy EVO-ALL? Yes, possible but the EVO-ALL may not have the firmwire for Mazda. MAZT1, its preloaded. So, can I do away with buying the flash updater? No, you'll still need it to program the keys. Now, that programming is a bit (a little bit) cumbersome.

Anyways, its also now confirmed the T-harness is NOT a catch-all. There's still dicing/slicing involved, but much, much less. Just 3 areas.

Its a great product, but due to lack of retailers carrying it, I am still debating.

There's a separate post on this, somewhere. I have managed to speak to Fortin, thrice already. EVO-MAZT1 is basically EVO-ALL + the T-harness. Officially they have listed it in their website but not officially released to distributors. That's why it isn't available in Amazon or elsewhere, yet. I asked if I can just buy the T-harness separately and buy EVO-ALL? Yes, possible but the EVO-ALL may not have the firmwire for Mazda. MAZT1, its preloaded. So, can I do away with buying the flash updater? No, you'll still need it to program the keys. Now, that programming is a bit (a little bit) cumbersome.

Anyways, its also now confirmed the T-harness is NOT a catch-all. There's still dicing/slicing involved, but much, much less. Just 3 areas.

Its a great product, but due to lack of retailers carrying it, I am still debating.

bump

Apparently per sonics1 he used the Evo-All however I can't comprehend what the heck he's saying- must be typing on a phone or something(stoned). I believe he went with the Evo+All plus the red FLASH-LINK device route. If so then that amounts to about $100 with more work involved.

The Mazt1 still needs the red FLASH-LINK device but will have less work involved I guess. This route is maybe $180 or so.

If sonics says its easy to program either device then it actually gives me a lot of confidence that I can tackle it.

Update: found this vid for a Mazda6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ETmJn9RIlE

Last edited:
I'm stuck installing mine. I can't gain access to the bottom left kickplate wires. I have a GT and the photos that Fortin shows do NOT show a HUGE wire loom that I have. It blocks all access and I don't know how to get around it. I suppose I could unplug the one in the way but it's really tight down there. I'm pissed.

I'm planning my install of the Mazt1. Can you tell me which panels come off and how to remove them.
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm stuck installing mine. I can't gain access to the bottom left kickplate wires. I have a GT and the photos that Fortin shows do NOT show a HUGE wire loom that I have. It blocks all access and I don't know how to get around it. I suppose I could unplug the one in the way but it's really tight down there. I'm pissed.

I'm looking at the evo for my cx-9. So what happened?

Thanks, I'll reply to the other thread. I was wondering what dergibog ended up doing.

Last edited:
Back