fog light wiring mismatch.... wth??

sgtfoo

:
Mazda3 GT 2.3L, 2008.5, black
So I found myself a pair of (sedan style) fog lights for my '02 protege LX.

My car didn't come with them so I didn't think it was wired for them either.

I've read the fog light install threads already and was pretty sure I could get this done, as many have said that all the proteges are pre-wired for fogs..... the question is... how pre-wired are they really!?...

here's my cudduffle....
I was at the dealer a short while ago and asked the mechanics to expose the plug that is supposed to connect to the wiring that goes to the fog lights. I'm not sure why, but it semms like every mazda dealer I go to doesn't want me to have these things...
They ended up showing me the plug that goes to the fogs, but I ended up having to buy a wiring harness to plug the lights in to that newly exposed plug.

Now apparently there's wiring near/tucked under the washer fluid resevoir.... apparently not on my car.
Today I looked around for it and couldn't find anything.
I also tried to connect the harness to that plug they exposed for me, but the blug doesn't match the harness plugs.
I get he idea I'm missing a second wiring harness or maybe a relay that sits under the hood and connects to the harness which goes to the fogs.

Before I go to another dealer and likely have to spend $80+ on parts I may not need, has anyone else with an LX2.0 model tried the fog light install??
If it turns out that the wires can be hardwired, I may even do that but I have no reference cuz the mazda ppl don't seem to want to show how this is done as far as I've seen.

The next time there's a meet and I see someone with sedan fogs, I'm gonna ask to see all the wiring under the hood, cuz this whole thing is bugging me.

I have a 2002.5 2.0 LX. There is no wiring harness included. There is a connection right above the washer fluid resovoir for the harness. It appears that the switch harness is connected to a dummy "switch" rather than in a cluster tucked under the dash as a previous post in another tread had suggested.

Myself ....I purchased the fog lights, and harness and attempted to use an old switch (and relay I think) from an mx-3. It was a no go. I am planning to purchase the relay and switch and give that a try.

I hope your install work(s/ed) well for you

Back