FMIC without tune ?

coyfish

Ive got 1 grand to spend and I want a FMIC. Ive read a few posts on another forum regarding the FMIC and tuning. I can buy the front mount but Ill have to wait a while before getting a tune (so expensive). Will the FMIC be worth it without a boost controller / tune ??

any intercooler will be an improvement over the factory top mount. most mods will perform better with tuning because the car itself is being finer tuned. that being said, you aren't going to lose power or have zero gain from a well designed FMIC kit if you don't have a tuning device in place behind it.

I see. I just saw someone on the mazda6 forum getting a lot of lag from his FMIC (more lag than stock) and slower spool recovery.

I see. I just saw someone on the mazda6 forum getting a lot of lag from his FMIC (more lag than stock) and slower spool recovery.

Well, yeah. It's because you have a longer path for the air to travel than you would with the stock set up. The longer the path, the more time it's going to take for the air to compress and boost into the engine.

lol, probably a bad installation or a leak somewhere. the CPE kit was shown to have little/no lag added.

Mine worked fine with no tuning at all - though if you aren't tuned and depending on temps and other mods, you may need a map clamp or a BCD to prevent cuts.

haha quick to spool? i have a FMIC and i can still outspool just about anyone i come across. it is almost instantainious.

i didnt for the longest time and my car ran fine... i have recently installed the AP and i'll be honest. well worth the money.

yep yep i am using a map that is being developed for a car in PA so its for really cold temps with cold wether cut fix and an altitude of about 2000 and i live in florida where my altitude is sometimes -20ft. haha so it is a bit off and a tad mild but still a big improvement over stock.

Back