fmic set up help

ifaiZing

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
hey everyone! I just completed my turbolife fmic install and it did not sound like what I had imagined. I did a MAF relocation between bov and throttle body. My bov is a Turboxs type h rfl. I used the hose (still clamped to that T nipple) next to the engine that was formerly on my bpv to connect to my bov. I test drove it and it had compressor surge. What did I do wrong? Should I add more washers into my bov?

Having some serious trouble finding a turbolife fmic for sale. Does anybody know a site that I can get one from. not looking to buy right now i'm just trying to get prices. I'm to broke right now haha.

Having some serious trouble finding a turbolife fmic for sale. Does anybody know a site that I can get one from. not looking to buy right now i'm just trying to get prices. I'm to broke right now haha.

they've been discontinued, you'd have to find a used kit somewhere

Yeah, considering they haven't been sold for the better part of 5 years, so I can only imagine it would be a task to find one.

I had the same issue when I relocated my MAF and switched to a BOV(Greddy FV). I installed a vacuum block and having its own dedicated line helps. It vents with no compressor surge under hard acceleration. But under lighter acceleration I still get the gobble gobble. I've seen some people do the hybrid BPV/BOV, and in most cases usually does the trick. You could also try moving the BOV to the hot pipe. It makes sense that the closer the BOV is to the turbo, the less space between the turbo and BOV there is for pressure to build, and in theory, will reduce or eliminate compressor surge. Or you can try a different BOV.

Latest posts

Back