FMIC Core

bwlknsn91

:
2003 MSP Black Mica #117
Hey guys, I've been looking around at FMIC's and found Corksport's PowerSeries. It seems like a good product for the price, although I don't think I could handle looking at the tacky logo on the front. Any ideas for a great core replacement or even a different intercooler kit altogether? Thanks!

They only paint the logo on one side. Just flip it around. The Kinetic/Ion kit is still available. I also believe there is a NOS Pann Auto FMIC on Ebay right now for under $600.

Ah, okay. I wasn't aware the iON version was still available. I also wasn't aware you could just flip the intercooler core, lol. I was always under the impression that one side was designated to face forward. Thanks for help!

I would prefer the ion since the hot pipe can easily be upgrade from a 2 to a 2.5 to match the cold pipe its a really nice kit had it on my first speed

I would prefer the ion since the hot pipe can easily be upgrade from a 2 to a 2.5 to match the cold pipe its a really nice kit had it on my first speed

Yeah, I Just thought the iON was out of production. Is the Kinetic similar to the iON? Also, I've been looking at some CXRacing FMIC, are they any good?

The Ion kit was designed/made by Kintetic. Its still listed on Kinetic's webiste for like $950.

The Ion kit was designed/made by Kintetic. Its still listed on Kinetic's webiste for like $950.

Do you think if I bought a CXRacing pipe kit with a Kinetic core, it would work just as well as the whole Kinetic kit?

What about liquid to air? I'm putting one together right now from frozenboost. Once I get it all worked out, I was planning on putting a detailed parts list together so other people could do it easily. If you're looking to do something now, you could do it, and then I could just follow in your footsteps, LOL!!!

Im using the CS kit. Don't get it for looks, get it for performance. Hell, my has the older CS logo on it and I think the new CS logo looks ten times better but I didn't buy it for the logo. Like what was stated earlier, just flip the core around.

Im using the CS kit. Don't get it for looks, get it for performance. Hell, my has the older CS logo on it and I think the new CS logo looks ten times better but I didn't buy it for the logo. Like what was stated earlier, just flip the core around.

Are you happy with your corksport fmic? And was there any cutting required?

am I happy? hellz yeah and yes minor cutting was required for the IC pipes to be routed they way they are. They provide templates for cutting with the kit when ordered.

am I happy? hellz yeah and yes minor cutting was required for the IC pipes to be routed they way they are. They provide templates for cutting with the kit when ordered.

Killer man. I already have the CS PowerSeries exhaust installed, so might as well add on to it with their FMIC and eventually their downpipe.

CS makes quality stuff for sure. The Kinetic kit has slighly shorter pipe routing, but requires a bit more cutting as well. Altho with the size of our turbo, lag is never gonna be an issue.

if you stock have the stock radiator fans, you will have to get a slim fan for the passenger side as the hot pipe will not clear with the stock fan there, it sticks out too much. I have their exhaust and cams. Im trying to pay for the pep downpipe before they run out. If not, then I'll be hitting up CS for their downpipe too.

if you stock have the stock radiator fans, you will have to get a slim fan for the passenger side as the hot pipe will not clear with the stock fan there, it sticks out too much. I have their exhaust and cams. Im trying to pay for the pep downpipe before they run out. If not, then I'll be hitting up CS for their downpipe too.

Was there a notable increase in performance with the cams?

feels like it but it could be my imagination honestly..lol. I plan to dyno pretty soon just for the hell of it

bwlknsn91 as many have stated, you can just flip the core around and you won't have to worry about anything. The cams will give you more top end over the USDM cams. :)

Spiced MSP, I'm glad you like the FMIC kit :)

bwlknsn91 as many have stated, you can just flip the core around and you won't have to worry about anything. The cams will give you more top end over the USDM cams. :)

Thank you sir! I love the Corksport Exhaust and figured, why not add on to it?! I also plan to upgrade the downpipe. Do you happen to have for sale an SRI for the MSP?

Thank you sir! I love the Corksport Exhaust and figured, why not add on to it?! I also plan to upgrade the downpipe. Do you happen to have for sale an SRI for the MSP?

Back