##Florence Auto-X, Nov. 15th##

Excitmnt94

:
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
well...guess what everyone...its time again. as you all know...the next Auto-X is goin down in Florence, SC at the Florence Civic Center. Information about the day...

.........,,,,,,,,,,,,.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..............,,,,,,,,,,,,..............,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Florence Civic Center - Florence, SC
Saturday, November 15, 2003

Schedule:
Setup--------------------------------- 7:00 AM
Registration -------------------------8:00 AM - 9:45 AM
LATE Registration------------------ 9:45 AM - 10:15 AM
Tech Inspection-------------------- 8:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Driver's Meeting------------------- 10:30 AM
1st Car Out------------------------- 11:00 AM
Awards Ceremony----------------- 4:00 PM
Fun Runs (Time Permitting)-------4:30- 5:15 PM
Off Site------------------------------- 6:00 PM

NOTE: There will be a $5.00 fee charged for late registration, and NO entries will be accepted after 10:15.

Cost:
SCCA Members $20.00
Non-Members $25.00

Directions:
Florence Civic Center
3300 W Radio Drive
Florence, SC 29501-7802

From Columbia: Follow I-20 East until it becomes I-20 Spur. Go to the first stop light and turn right. Florence Civic Center will be directly ahead of you.

From I-95 (North or South): Take Exit 160A. Go to the first stop light and turn right. Florence Civic Center will be directly ahead of you.

From Myrtle Beach: Go West on Highway 76 until you reach 5 points. Take a right at the next traffic light which will be the I-20 spur. Turn at the 3rd traffic light or the 5th traffic light to reach the Florence Civic Center.

.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

so far there are quite a few of my buds comin up from Charleston and Myrtle beach...as well as some fellow Columbia people. i'd really like to have some of you guys come on out!

awesome! did you register online already? i thought i saw a Protege ES that signed up. hope so man! if you want...you can caravan up with a couple other guys that are comin up from Atl...then Charleston...then Columbia...and then we all are arriving in Florence. get back to me.

its gonna be kinda cold on saturday...that will definately help the turbo. gonna suck for just hangin out...and gettin there at 8am. yeah well...it will all be worth it! see ya there glyph

yep that protege should be me, #08. Do we number once we get there? or do we have to do it on our own?

Definitely looking to caravan. Where are you guys meeting?

at the West Columbia Lowes. right there by Rt. 26...exit 111B...toward Lexington on US-1. should be some green VW Passat 1.8 Turbos, a Jetta 1.8T, a miata, a black Civic, my GTI, and my g/f Audi A4 1.8T. ill keep u updated on the time...it is yet to be decided...but im guessing around 7am

my route was going to be up the 95. That would be a long way out of my way... However, the desire to caravan pulls...

my bad...i thought u were from cola. maybe i can get you in touch with some of the guys from the 1.8T site...so you can come up with them to cola. its all up to you. check your PM's

John...it was great meeting you. glad you finally got to meet someone from the boards. now that you are hooked, hopefully, you will be coming to some more events. i also look forward to getting more people to come out...shouldn't be a problem! :D

thanks jeremy, definitely am hooked. That adrenaline rush was nice. been a while since I've had a good one. hopefully i'll be around for the driving school. definitely could use it. what with the impromptu driving on the first turn of the S. Of course, that little crest in the road leading in didn't help much either. Gonna have to catch you next time, too!

you should have stuck around for fun runs...i ended up recording a cone free pass of 37.05 i ended up getting in a total of 5 of em. send me a PM with your email addy so i can email you pics of you from sat! later :)

yeah, I wanted to, but friend had to get back. I wanted to get better times with what I learned.

Back