Floor Mats for 2016

AgentDisco

:
2016 CX-5
Hey guys,

I'm an excited new owner who just bought a brand new 2016 CX-5. I honestly can't stop thinking about it.

Anyway, I live in Minnesota and can't stand destroying the carpet/mats on the new car with slush, mud and snow since I've always used a Weathertech product like the "DigitalLiner" mats. Anyway, on this forum I found a similar design I liked even better called the MAXpider Kagu, and desperately want to get them for the CUV.

But, nobody makes mats for the 2016 CX-5 and I can't say with any confidence if the interior changes were enough to change the dimensions (i tend to think it probably did due to the new electronic parking brake).

Does anyone know if the 2016/2015 CX-5 have the same dimensions or do I need for these companies to release a new version?

Thanks,

AgentDisco

Quickest thing to do is go back to the dealer, find a 2015, pop out the front mats from both your vehicle and the 2015 and compare them. If they line up, you're good to go. Different? Wait until new ones are released.

I asked the dealership and there is no difference between 2015 and 2016 Mazda products like the OEM carpet and upgraded "all-weather" mats. I want to figure out if I can order the 3rd party weathertech/maxpider liner mats from 2015 or if I should wait.

I would order them if it was me. You can note on the order that it is for a 2016 and see if they say anything.

I ordered the 2015 version of the 3D Maxpider. I highly doubt that there are any changes between the 2015 and 2016 and i hope I am right..

I had the dealer throw in the all-weather mats as part of my sale and they fit fine. The box never said what year they were for but I didn't have any issues fitting them into my '16

Another option:

http://www.findway.ca/F518-Style-3D-Car-FLoor-Liner/Mazda/CX-5/2016

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJ5kCN1fwBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have these for our 2010 Mazda5 and really like them. Way cheaper than the Weathertechs (about $100 shipped in US currency)...and if you're not a fan of the rubber look, then these are a good compromise. Looks like their online ordering isn't working right now, but if you google Findway liners or mats, you'll see other car forums reviewing them as well. Here's my thread in the Mazda5 section here on this forum:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123843317-Findway-3D-Floor-Liners-(Pics-amp-Review)

Last edited:
... I've always used a Weathertech product like the "DigitalLiner" mats. Anyway, on this forum I found a similar design I liked even better called the MAXpider Kagu, and desperately want to get them for the CUV.

I haven't gotten my 2016 yet and I'm already looking for quality mats. These mats look pretty good BUT will they hold out the crud as good as the Weathertech's? The Weathertech's seems to have higher edges where the maxpider look better.

Steve

I have the Mazda weather mats but, if I were still in Maine, they would not be sufficient. In snow country Weathertech is the way to go. IMHO of course.

My WeatherTech Digitalfit floor mats and cargo liner just came in today for my 2016 CX-5 GT.....the 2015 CX-5 Mats and cargo liner all fit PERFECTLY on the 16.

We just picked up our CX-5 this evening and put in the mats that we ordered.

The 2015 3D Maxpider mats fit perfectly on the 2016!

Here are some pictures:

WP_20150312_18_55_49_Pro.jpg

3D%20Maxpider%20-%20Driver%202.jpg

3D%20Maxpider%20-%20Driver.jpg

3D%20Maxpider%20-%20Passenger.jpg

3D%20Maxpider%20-%20Back.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Rever - I just ordered the front set for myself 10 min ago. This will be first time ever not buying Weathertechs

Thanks for the pictures Rever - I just ordered the front set for myself 10 min ago. This will be first time ever not buying Weathertechs

I used all my Mazda dealer weather rubber mats, from my 2014 in my new 2016 CX-5...no problems.

Those Maxpider mats really do look great!

Not sure if it's possible to get them in Norway though. Anyone seen European resellers for Maxpider mats?

My car was delivered with the Mazda all weather mats which are ok-ish. Would like something that covers the dead pedal area too.

The Maxpider looks good in those pics and I see them on Amazon at a good price. What about that middle floor hump in the middle of the back seats though. Is that only on the AWD cars? Just wondering because Im planning to get a FWD, and if the floor is flat, wouldn't the Maxpider not work on it?

Back