Floor mat holder

Sweetie3.14

:
Mazda5
Does anyone know the part number to the piece of metal that is screwed to the floor and keeps the floor mat from sliding forward?

I'm sick of having the passenger mat slide forward and there is a screw in the floor in the same place as the drivers side.

You would think that if Mazda put the mounting screw there, they would of put in the 10 cent holder as well.

Is the passenger carpet have a "Ring" too? I can't remember and my mats are faaaar away in the garage.... Alot of snow, here in Canada!

I find it odd that Mazda has provision on the passenger's side floor carpet for a mat retainer clip / tie but only the driver's side mat actually has a hole and retainer. If they have one for the passenger side floor mat I'll be interested in getting it ...

In the meantime I made myself a cheap mat retainer using bathroom towel hooks and heavy duty Velcro sticker. The carpet in the 5 works very well with Velcro. The hooks are not visible unless you are crouching and the mat has not moved since I put the hooks in place 3 months ago.

I also bought a set of winter mats for the 3rd row passengers. Although they are not designed for the Mazda 5 or made by Mazda, I'm glad that they fit right inbetween the tracks of the 2nd row seat.

Attachments

• Passenger side floor mat retainer.JPG
    Passenger side floor mat retainer.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Floor mat for 3rd row seats.JPG
    Floor mat for 3rd row seats.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 139
The towel hooks are a good idea. If I can't find the part number for the retainer I will probably have to do that. I have the same rubber Mazda mats and they do not stay in place very well.

as mentioned in one thread.. the passenger front seat can be the driver's seat in a right-hand drive mz5. Hence maybe the provision for mat holder.

as mentioned in one thread.. the passenger front seat can be the driver's seat in a right-hand drive mz5. Hence maybe the provision for mat holder.

You're right, but it would be nice if they had taken advantage of this extra anchor when they designed the passenger's side floor mat ...

Back