Flip Key??

where are you from? im assuming not in the US, most of the members here are in the states or canada. We dont have the mazda2 in our market, and to the best of my knowledge, the mazda3 in the US doesnt come with the switchblade key.

where are you from? im assuming not in the US, most of the members here are in the states or canada. We dont have the mazda2 in our market, and to the best of my knowledge, the mazda3 in the US doesnt come with the switchblade key.

lol, We actually have plenty of members across the pond. :)

...And I want a flip key! lol

I am from Panama (latin america not US), in march I bought the new Mazda 2 and the car came with one flip key and one clasic key.

I'm from South Africa, and have a 4 month old Mazda2 that I bought for my wife. It does have a flip key, and a classic key, like some of the other guys have said.

But the flip key has been plagued by some faults, I've had tohave mine replaced around month 2.5, as it kept on draining the remote battery flat. Must have been some sort of short circuit or something.

It's been working fine since though.

Awesome little car !

So basically what your all saying is the US market SUCKS!

Ugh I want the switch blade key!

Unless you don't have remote controlled power locks, I am pretty sure you can order the flip key, by giving your VIN number at Mazda Japan, as a spare part.

mazda2 keys

Image0025.jpg

Image0026.jpg

Image0027.jpg

Image0028.jpg

mazda 2 model 2009 key shape:
well it comes with 2 keys those are the pictures of my keys

It depends on your model, the one's without keyless entry has the flip key in pics above, models which opt for the "keyless entry and start" option gets a silver looking key without the metal inside as it's not needed much like new MS3

It does, indeed, come with a switchblade key here in the states... in case anyone was still wondering.

Just to confirm, the Mazda2 in the US comes with one regular key and one flip-key. Mazda3 doesn't come with flip keys as far as I'm aware.

Back