Flat Screen TV Review Website....

Rogue

Red 5 Standing by
Contributor
:
2003 MSP
I'm kinda lookin to get a bigger TV. I'm looking for a site that will help educate me about the different types (LCD, Plasma, DLP), and offers reviews and comparisons.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I'm not looking for anything uber big. Probably just 42"-50".

Sony is a bit out of my price range. I have a Panasonic tube tv, and am pleased with it. I would like to get another Panasonic. I'm odd, I'm very brand loyal if I find something that I like.

i found cnet. :) also looking at Consumer Reports, but you have to be a member to read any reviews.

I have a rather old school Mitsubishi 40" tube that was the top of the line back in '95. It still works great and if I were to buy I would definately look into them.

Go DLP if you have a little bit of space and don't want to hang it on a wall. The Samsung HLS5086 is a great unit for about $1400

well no. plasma vs lcd, dlp vs lcd projection, and crt vs no one really. a lot of stores dont even have crts turned on anymore for display. dlp and lcd projection are great for the prices and are getting slimmer every upgrade but you have to worry about changing the projection bulb every couple of years. i like my plasma better than my lcd for watching action movies etc because the picture breaks up a bit when there's a lot of motion on the lcd, but i also use generic bad component cables, and the feed from comcast is unfiltered.
my xbox360 looks sick on the lcd, and it's just a 26" philips that cost less than 800 bucks from either costcos or sams club or one of those places. the plasma i have is the 42" panasonic and i have no complaints about it, also great for the price

I only have digital cable, and no HD channels. I have a DVD player that does Progressive Scan, and a XBOX 360. I'm more concerned about the DVD and XBOX clarity and cable tv.

i just got a samsung from best buy $1300 32" lcd it is slim i hung it on the wall & all i have is digital cable and it looks good.
IMG_0551Small.jpg

Last edited:
i have a 51 inch Samsung DLP and am constantly peeing myself with glee when i turn my xbox 360 on.

back when i sold tv's hitachi used to make the projectors for just about all major brands rear projection tvs (sony, pioneer, mitsu, etc).

i just bought the samsung 5087 off amazon for ~$1700 free shipping. and it's 1080p, too.

the Hitachi is $1500 at Best Buy and Circuit City, both are close by.

now, where can i sell my old Panasonic tv?

Back