Flashed MSP ECU + RRFPR + Garrett T-3= ???

micaguy

I was looking at ditching my stock ECU and Vortech FMU and Running an MSP ECU with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. My question is this: should I remove the voltage clamp? My understanding is that the "flash" on the MSP ECU takes care of the fuel cut problem. Is this true? I'm currently running a Spool Stage 2 kit (with a Walbro fuel pump in the mail) and saw this as a viable solution to my timing and fuel delivery needs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

micaguy said:
I was looking at ditching my stock ECU and Vortech FMU and Running an MSP ECU with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. My question is this: should I remove the voltage clamp? My understanding is that the "flash" on the MSP ECU takes care of the fuel cut problem. Is this true? I'm currently running a Spool Stage 2 kit (with a Walbro fuel pump in the mail) and saw this as a viable solution to my timing and fuel delivery needs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

you may not need the RRFPR

but i must recommend removing the stock FPR and replace it with a static FPR so you can setup the fuel pressure as you like!

Nope the flash for the MSP ECU does nothing about the fuel cut.

Believe me...you do NOT want an MSP ECU. Spend the money and get a way to control the ECU you have... MPI tuner, AEM, E-Manage, etc.

What kind/brand of static FPR do you recommend? My current FMU is @ 12:1. With my stock ECU and 12psi (eventually), I believe these can work. I was also considering trying a 10:1 disc. I do have access to a wideband. I believe the MSP ECU has a more beneficial timing curve (retards @ higher boost/rpm) than a stock ECU. Am I making any sense? LOL.

The flashed MSP ECU has advanced timing compared to the unflashed.

Not sure on how they both compare to the Protege ECU though.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm gonna grab me an AEM FPR and use it with my stock ECU and Vortech unit (I'll be trying a 10:1 disc as well as my 12:1)

Statis FMU's are a pain in the rear and you end up chasing the to much trying to change disks...

Get the BEGI RRFPR and you be able to dial in the correct fuel much easier and have a much better fuel curve than with the static 10;1 or 12:1 disk stuff.

Don't waste time w/ the mps ecu..it will not work well with your setup..for many reasons!

1. You are running a bigger turbo.
2. Different Intercooler

I suggest you invest into the mpi tuner. It permits you to control both fuel and timing. You can adjust timing & fuel based on Boost Levels.

Also as mentioned above...the msp ecu flashed has advance timing as compared w/ the msp ecu unflashed.

Chas

Back