FL/GA/CA Check your Filters!!!

DSMConvert

AWD...say Bye Bye
:
Titanium MS6
Hey Guys - for those of you in these states be sure to keep an eye on your filters...After waking up this morning to find my car covered in soot, I decided it might be a good idea to warn everyone about the dangers of clogged air filters. Luckily soot is a fairly low aggregate mix, so you don't have to worry so much about engine dmg as long as you keep an eye on your air filters. Expect to have to change/clean them by the middle of next week if these fires keep up. My advise would be to check and clean, if needed, your filters everyday. I pulled my K&N this morning and already had to swap it out with the stock one while it soaks in cleaning solution(and I just cleaned it last month). If you are running higher boost levels I'd highly suggest turning them down for the next few days as the combustability of the air with all this garbage in it is going to be a bit lower and may cause richer conditions.

just use the stock s*** for now... the K&N or whatever aftermarket filter can't filter as good!

hmm, that's not a bad idea. i haven't cleaned my k&n in awhile in the first place. all this crap in the air here can't be helping. thanks for a reminder

hehe well right now im in st. pete off of roosevelt, but yep I'm a neighbor...you comin out to the meet tonight?

DSMConvert said:
hehe well right now im in st. pete off of roosevelt, but yep I'm a neighbor...you comin out to the meet tonight?

I guess I missed it...where was it Quaker Steak? and put me on the invite list for the next one...(alright)

Back