FK Auto Projectors

ScorpioGTX1

:
2012 Mazda 2 GS M/T
daylight_scheinwerfer_mazda_2_fk_fkfsma12003.jpg

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Lighting-T...-Daylight-Set-suitable-for-Mazda-2-black.html

I wonder if these would simply be plug & play for our north american cars.

Hey! These are exactly the ones we were discussing in that "affordable projectors" thread a while back. They look totally awesome, very clean and OEM. They certainly look plug and play since they still utilize a single unit for low and high beam, so I can't really see how they wouldn't be p n' p. The plug(s)/harness hanging out the back, I'm assuming, are for the DRL led's that are between the projector shroud and the outboard running light. If you look at the chrome bezel version, you can actually see them illuminated.

I contacted them back in November about shipping and payment, and it all seems very straightforward via paypal. They become available mid-February, and since it's looking more and more like I'll keep my 2, I'm planning to order a set. I never have the time, an oven big enough, or a spouse patient enough to put up with me while I do a retrofit, so this is a perfect solution for me.

Last edited:
I noticed that to ship to the USA (Zone 8), there is normally a fee of ~35 euros. When it says "included additional transport, does it cover that amount," or does it only cover shipment to somewhere inside the EU? Not that it makes much of a difference. That seems like a good deal for a headlight assembly. I don't have the money to pre-order right now, so I wasn't brave enough to test out any sort of shipping calculator because you have to go 2-3 pages into the checkout process :p

When I went through the entire purchase process on their site back in November (I went all the way up to the "click this button to commit to this transaction"), including choosing the only available shipping option, it came out to a total of 256 Euros, which at that time was right at 352.00 USD. Seems like a great deal actually!

I noticed that to ship to the USA (Zone 8), there is normally a fee of ~35 euros. When it says "included additional transport, does it cover that amount," or does it only cover shipment to somewhere inside the EU? Not that it makes much of a difference. That seems like a good deal for a headlight assembly. I don't have the money to pre-order right now, so I wasn't brave enough to test out any sort of shipping calculator because you have to go 2-3 pages into the checkout process :p

I'm currently in the process of buying some Dectane LED tail lights from them, so I'll let you know how the process goes.

Hmm...I would like to do some modifications, but I want to focus on the way the car actually drives, like new wheels and tires, suspension upgrades and the few off-the-shelf engine upgrades we can get, or getting some driving amenities, such as integrated Bluetooth and/or a new stereo head unit. Not that those headlights aren't awesome, but I think I'd rather just get new bulbs than sink money into a new assembly when the one I have works fine (I also got the CorkSport LED lighting kit that included LED turn signals).

Thanks Scorpio, I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes. I might order some other parts from that site, if they have something I need for a better price than I could get it for over here.

I contacted them back in November about shipping and payment, and it all seems very straightforward via paypal.

Oooh, so they take PayPal then? I was thinking I was going to have to do a wire transfer, but that would be much more convenient.

Yes indeed, here is his answer from the email:

The payment has to be made after the transaction is complete.
You can send it also from your paypal account to paypal@fk-automotive.de

Yes indeed, here is his answer from the email:

The payment has to be made after the transaction is complete.
You can send it also from your paypal account to paypal@fk-automotive.de

Awesome, thanks. I put in my order and got an email with their banking details and everything, but this would be much easier. I have searched for these tail lights everywhere, and this was the only place I was able to find them that had them in stock with a reasonable price.

Are you buying their LED tails too? The LED tails they make are definitely nicer than the others I've seen. Cleaner details and it looks more OEM. I want to see pics if you go for it, 'cause I might end up doing the same :)

Edit: Sorry, I missed your earlier post where you stated that you are buying the tails. Let us know how it goes!

Last edited:
I'll make sure to post pics, with the amount of money I'm spending on this I better be able to make you all jealous too! :)

I have also ordered LED reverse lights and turn signal lights so that the whole setup will be LED. Should look pretty stunning.

Sounds awesome, I can't wait to see it. Did you pre-order the headlights, or go for the tails first?

Hmm... I guess I can see how the taillights look a little better than those offered by Spec-D here in the US, but I don't think it could justify spending that much more. I can get the Spec-D version on eBay for around $185 or so.

Yeah, these tail lights cost twice as much as the Spec D ones, so they're not cheap. But I like that the Dectane lights look OEM in finish and quality, like they could have came from the factory like this. I originally just wanted the JDM lights from Corksport, but they're also fairly pricey, and in the end would cost more than these LED lights.

Here's a show car with them on. Looks awesome IMO.

Y4DRNog.jpg

Yeah, those are def the hotness. So clean and OEM. Can't wait to see when you get them on!!!

Also, I asked the guy I talked to before about plug and play in regards to the fk headlights and tail lights, here is the response from fk:

Our lights are plug and play and if any extra wires are need they are included.
but in most cases there are just plug abd play.

Last edited:
Our lights are plug and play and if any extra wires are need they are included.
but in most cases there are just plug abd play.

Sweeeet. I'm going to have to hold off on those for a bit since there's a bunch of performance stuff I'd like to do first, but I'll add it to the queue.

I pre-ordered a set of these. They should ship out in about three weeks. (cabpatch) I'll do a little dance, and post up some photos when they've arrived. Very excited!!

I pre-ordered a set of these. They should ship out in about three weeks. (cabpatch) I'll do a little dance, and post up some photos when they've arrived. Very excited!!

How did you pay? The only payment option FK gave me was bank transfer. I said f**k that and bought my tail lights from Dectane Outlet on UK ebay instead. Cost me a bit more, but I'd be covered if something went wrong.

Looking forward to seeing you get your headlights!

I paid via paypal after the transaction. They give you the option to do a bank wire/transfer, or pay via paypal. I think I posted the paypal address that they sent me somewhere earlier in this thread... Also, I wanted to make sure that I ordered directly from FK instead of their UK site so that I got left hand drive headlights. Just in case...

Even if you ordered from the UK site, these lights are available in LH only :( as for the tail lights, im after a set but im not sure if I want smoked or clear, and on ebay I seen them with a clear background but also a black background both with the clear lenses....

Chris

Back