first three gauge pod pillar.

FL_PR5

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
alright i'm trying to decide on which one to get. i can get one from a user on here for $75 shipped and it's painted to match the grey interior or i could get https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) and i need help deciding. it's going in a 2002 protege5. thanks in advance for your opinions.

also, does anyone know what paint color to use if i do get the ebay one? would like a clean grey look inside since the outside is silver. would normal grey silver spray paint work on it? any advice on that would be great also. thanks.

$75? (scratch)

I'll message you a price when I'm back to work on Tuesday. Our normal list price is $58.93, but I give forum guys a break in most cases.

thanks man. is it painted grey or still black? just exploring my options before i settle. i appreciate it also. plus my bday is coming up in a few so i might hit you up on a grile insert or lip, just for future referance.

I can sell it for $55 shipped.

They come in black plastic, they do not come painted.

is it the a pillar pod that totally replaces the pillar or does it lay over it?

They fit and secure much better if you retain the stock pillar cover.

wouldi have to drill through it or anything? how exactly would it fit over it? i just dont want it to bend inwards or warp or anything like that.

FL_PR5 said:
wouldi have to drill through it or anything? how exactly would it fit over it? i just dont want it to bend inwards or warp or anything like that.

use some strong double-sided tape and it will fit right over. you may have to carefully route the wires and lines for your gauges as it will be a tight fit where the stock cover and dash meet.

o. so it would fit over it then really tightly..hmm. i would just rather replace the stock a pillar. and not ruin/place anything over it. but thats a good price on it so i hvae to look at the site for a pic of it.

is this the apillar:
Pillar_Pods_Triple_Gauge_(pillar).jpg

i found this at the horsepowerfreaks site.

As I was saying... It fits and secures much better if you use it with the stock pillar cover. The mounting clips are not on the Autometer pillar and there's really nothing to mount it too.

FL_PR5 said:
is this the apillar:
Pillar_Pods_Triple_Gauge_%28pillar%29.jpg

i found this at the horsepowerfreaks site.

yeah that's it. i have the apillar dual gauge... i tried using it without the stock pillar. it was loose and did not fit tightly. my choices were to drill holes and use mounting screws OR use the stock A-pillar and mount the gauge pod with sticky tape. i chose sticky tape. looks cleaner.

o ok. thats not bad. i might take you up on that deal. does it hold 2" gauges or 2-5/8 gauges?

They hold 2 1/16". I put mine on without the stock pillar. I put a screw in the top to hold it on. Kind of tacky but Im gonna put a push button screw over it when I get around to looking for one.

Attachments

• 100_0135.JPG
    100_0135.JPG
    798.9 KB · Views: 178
hmm not bad. how did you paint yours, like what color? is that white or grey to match the interior, i can't find matching paint around here. unless its the gray spraypaint color from walmart or something.

FL_PR5 said:
hmm not bad. how did you paint yours, like what color? is that white or grey to match the interior, i can't find matching paint around here. unless its the gray spraypaint color from walmart or something.
Its not a perfect match. But its pretty damn close. I think its called medium grey. Its a vinyl paint from Pepboys(auto store).

how many coats did you put on? any close up pics of it? is there a name to the paint manufactuer? i dont have a Pep Boys around here but i have a AutoZone and Scotty's.

Last edited:
I painted directy over the stock black. I put 2 coats on it. I dont know the manufacturer. I will get some pics of the can when I get home if its still in the garage. I will also take some of the pod as well. If I have time today, if not I will for sure this weekend.

alright thats cool man. yea, i just finished checking. we have everything but a pep boys, kinda odd.

Back