First mods

dutchbuffalo

:
2007 mazdaspeed6
I have a stock MS6 and was thinking about a Cobb SRI and Forge BPV as my first mods, any thoughts on that or should I go a different way ?

Sounds good to me. You could hold off on the SRI until spring time if you wish.

I also recommend a test pipe. Cheap, and I had a good seat-of-the-pants feel from it. Plus, it gives the exhaust a better tone. Not loud, but just right.

If I were to do it all over again, this would be my order:

1. BOV
2. CAI
3. DASHHAWK
4. TMIC UPGRADE
5. FULL CONTROL FLASH
6. 2ND CAT DELETE / TESTPIPE
7. CBE
8. STANDBACK
9. STICKERS... LOTS OF STICKERS... FAST AND FURIOUS TYPE STICKERS....
VIN DIESEL LOOKIN' STICKERS....

But with an MS6, I'd definitely consider the DashHawk as one of the first upgrades and certainly before exhaust mods to keep an eye on the knock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was considering a Dashhawk as my first mod but right now it's either a Cobb SRI and a Forge BPV or a Dashhawk as I only have about $400 to play with right now and a Dashhawk sells for about $300.

I think the COBB or a full CAI and the BPV are great first mods. Help your car breath and hold boost... THen get the DH.

AWR motor mount, Forge BPV, and TWM Stage 2 shifter with bushings. You could easily pick that up for $400 from a vendor and your car would feel 100% better.

Doesn't the AWR motor mount give off alot more vibration then some of the other mounts ? Although it is cheaper than the alternatives.

Doesn't the AWR motor mount give off alot more vibration then some of the other mounts ? Although it is cheaper than the alternatives.

I have the 88 duro and it only vibrates when the AC is on and you're at idle/not moving. I've heard the 70 duro is much better with the vibration, but never experienced it myself. It's almost half the price of the others, and there really isn't much difference in the products, they all do the same thing the same way.

i had the 88 firt and there was a bit too much vibs for me. went to the 70 and its amazing. im not going to mod much so i wont need the stiffer one. sri exhaust bpv and a tune and the 70 is perfect

i had the 88 firt and there was a bit too much vibs for me. went to the 70 and its amazing. im not going to mod much so i wont need the stiffer one. sri exhaust bpv and a tune and the 70 is perfect

Either way, you're really cleaning up the slop that the stock mount allowed. You get much better power transfer to the ground, which feels 'right'. The car feels less sloppy now.

I am looking at the dash hawk also. I just posted in the protege garage section to try and see if we could get another group buy. I was also wandering if they were redisigning them?

Either way, you're really cleaning up the slop that the stock mount allowed. You get much better power transfer to the ground, which feels 'right'. The car feels less sloppy now.

such a better drive now!~

as for the group buy on a dash hawk i would defin be down for one!

I've got the $50 RPM gift certificate, and I'd like to use it on the DH, unless I can pick up one for about $220 new. I hear rumors of the V3 DH coming out, but thats about it..no dates, details about it yet.

sorry to be a noob, but why is the Dash Hawk so recommended??? what exactly is its purpose with the MS6?? sorry again..new to the MS6

Street Unit and The RPM store only have one AWR motor mount listed, does anyone know if they are the 88 or 70 duro versions ?

sorry to be a noob, but why is the Dash Hawk so recommended??? what exactly is its purpose with the MS6?? sorry again..new to the MS6

The Dashhawk can do multiple things. It can display just about every engine sensor, so its like having 100+ gauges in one compact unit. It is also useful for checking and clearing Check Engine lights. It can also data log parameters, so it can be useful in diagnosis, or for fun.

Of course, if none of that sounds fun, or if you dont know what any of that means, then the Dashhawk is unneeded.

Ken at protege garage said that he would be willing to start a group buy for the dash hawks. We should get on that.

If your modding, the DashHawk is a must... Specially with an MS6, anything more than an intake and you'll want to have one.

Back