First FRONTWHEELDRIVE ROTARY made in PR

is 2 threads for this really needed?

I wouldnt call that FWD......its a RWD setup all on the front of the car.

KYLiquid said:
is 2 threads for this really needed?

I wouldnt call that FWD......its a RWD setup all on the front of the car.

Dude...the front wheels are powering the car, which makes it FWD. Look at the video again.

i agree theat more of a RWD setup going in the car backwards, to make it FWD. there are several guys in PR that have actual FWD 12A's and 13B's. they use a Toyota carola and custom bellhousing. they are sweet runners. props to the car though. at least they used a Mazda

That's definately cheating....The front end is extended so far out. Which is actually a benefit because of the wieght put on the tires. That car ran low 10's or better with an FS-DE too...Guess that got boring.

redrims said:
Dude...the front wheels are powering the car, which makes it FWD. Look at the video again.

i understand that, but if you look at the video again, its not a typical FWD setup, its a pure RWD setup in the front of the car.

E- Engine , T- Transmission, D- Differential

RWD = E-T-D

FWD = E
TD

FWD has a trasverse setup of the trany and diff.

anyway, its a neat project

That setup is similar to how most of the pro-FWD cars are setup, nothing new
0049.jpg

redrims said:

How lame is that FWD setup?

Thats like me taking a porsche 911 taking the body off and mounting it the other way.

Front wheels might be spining but taking a RWD setup and mounting it up front.....

The transmission and engine is still mounted longitutionally instead of transverse. Thats basically a Rear engine RWD car up front.

LAME.

Look at how freaking far the engine is mounted in front of the front axle. You basically took a RWD drivetrain...transmission, engine, drive shaft, rear diff and axles and put it up front. I guess its not too drastic but still a lame ideal to me.

Drag racing is dumb...people do this s*** so they can find loop holes in class rules. Or they cant fit the engine transversly. In the end of the day you wowed people by presenting a dump ideal and making it go in a straight line.

Dont take my porsche 911 Ideal either...im gonna have the world's 1st FWD 911 porsche so I can win my class. And have a stupid ideal posted on the internet so people can "WOW" about it.

Last edited:
whatever works....and it gets the job done. Lame or not. lol Even though it does seem like cheating to make it fwd.

Back