First A/X in the MSP=Winnar in STX

Dave Mac

:
2006 Evo RS
I ran against a couple well prepped WRX's and took them by .5 on a 37 sec course. (omg) This little car amazes me sometimes. Ran my 245/45 16 FK451's on my Rota 16x8 wheels. Having no lag is really nice. I ran a "fun-run" afterwards and chopped another second off and would have had 1st in PAX if I ran that in competition. Sooo....yes the MSP is competitive.

Dave Mac

more info on those wheels (what Rota model comes in 16x8 to fit our cars? what offset) and tires - how much rubbing? did you roll fenders? running coilovers? I need that fat rubber! what other mods do you have?

Congrats on a great result!

gar777-

I have a thread in the MSP/Rims and Tires section with pictures. I purchased from 18racing via the SCCAforums site and paid 550 shipped. Rota slipstreams @ 16lbs a piece. Linky here http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123631329

I have el-cheapo K-Sport coilovers, Falken FK-451's (shaved to4/32), AWR rear bar, SS AFC, Perrin SRI, engine mounts, turbo-back exhaust (Greddy), and NO front sway bar. Tires set to 37psi front, 38psi rear dampers at 50% front and 80% rear. Lowered 3/4inch front and 7/8 rear. Good?

Dave Mac

Results Link:http://www.scca-susq.com/results/2006/06-05-28-axresults.html

Next time you have it up, take a picture of the wheel/tire clearance to the strut--it has got to be close :D

Good job though! I'd be taking the ITR out though... :)

wow congrats!
hey remember me? i havn't been able to get to any autox since i met you that one time i've been dying to race and now that school's done i have plenty of time... just wish i had the money for it too

awsmp5-

Yeah I remember you. Hope to see you out there man! I usually drive the STi in STU but I had a close event so I took the MSP to try it out. Impressive little car when the f'r runs right. I wish Mazda had put more time into engine management 101.

Thanks proman.

Dave Mac

Well see. There are a LOT of very fast people out there. The car still needs some more development but it is fun.

Dave Mac

dave-

i don't know where "bubbletown" is, but have you made it /do you plan to make it to any philly region events (e.g., any Ripken events)? if so, look me up; i should be at most of the remaining events this year.

Mike-

I'll be at a Philly event or two this year as well as the next A.I. event in June. I'll bring the MSP to play with after I run the STi in STU. If I'm san my co-driver in the MSP I'll let you drive it if you like.

Dave

Back