Fire Extinguisher Mount

mp5la

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
Well, after seeing a truck burn down a few days ago, I've decided to put fire extinguishers in all of the cars. I was hoping to get some ideas of where you guys (if you have one) are running them. They make a ready built seat bracket for my subaru, but I'm not seeing anything out there for Proteges.

Well, after seeing a truck burn down a few days ago, I've decided to put fire extinguishers in all of the cars. I was hoping to get some ideas of where you guys (if you have one) are running them. They make a ready built seat bracket for my subaru, but I'm not seeing anything out there for Proteges.

You are going to have to make a custom bracket.

I was hoping to get some ideas of where you guys (if you have one) are running them.
I have a small one in my Civic. No bracket though - it is loose in the trunk. (That isn't quite as unconstrained as it sounds as it is normally placed between the front of the trunk and a heavy blanket that is also kept there.) If you do mount it in the cabin be sure your bracket is very sturdy, as the last thing you want in an accident is a metal fire extinguisher flying around with the passengers.

Maybe keep it under one of the front seats? I'm not quite sure how you would go about it, but at least there are some sturdy metal bits there that you could mount to.

That's sort-of what I had in mind. I ordered a metal bracket that bolts to the passenger seat rail for my Subaru. I may just have to use it as a template and make my own for the Protege.

Back