Finished Fiberglass Box/Trunk pics!

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
I finally finished the box today. This thing took so long, and I'm glad it's finally done and I have very nice loud bass while still having my trunk. I think it came out great. I carpeted that whole side to make it look really clean, and velcro'd my amp to the back of the rear seats. Everything I attatched to the car here is attatched with stick on velcro, so I did no drilling or anything that would change the look of the car when i take this all out someday. The little box to the left of the subwoofer is the controller for the 36" neon I have in my trunk that is mounted on the trunk cover. Let me know what you guys think!

-DaViper

Attachments

• IMAGE042.JPG
    IMAGE042.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAGE043.JPG
    IMAGE043.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAGE044.JPG
    IMAGE044.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 274
Nicely done!(thumb) What is up with the amp? It looks like it is falling in between the rear seat and the floor. (boom07) You did a jam up job on the box. how does it sound?(band)

The box sounds great. Yea, I have to fix the amp, it's just mounted low on the rear seat and sorta under the trunk carpet. I'd really like to mount the amp somewhere in front of the cave-in on the other side of the trunk, but I really dont want to have to make another fiberglass structure or something to hold it, the first one took sooo long.

-DaViper

Took a few turns preety fast and hard today and the box stayed in place nicely (just secured in a few places by industrial strength velcro. Pretty happy so far with the new setup.

-DaViper

Take it you've got a factory sub in there then? Hate to tell you this now, hopefulyl you know, but you can pull that stuff out of there and gain an extra 3" of depth. this will essentially make your hatch like that of a '02 or '03. Very sweet box,though.How long did it take? and do you have any mid-process-pics bychance? also do you know the volume at all? I'm looking to do a box myself REALLY soon.

I took out the factory sub. I like having that spare tire area free for storage for things that move around or something I dont want in the big area of the trunk above the carpet. I honestly dont know how long the box took, and it was the first time I've done fiberglassing and my friend helped me build it most of the times I was working on it. I would say maybe 10 hours of actual work, and countless hours of waiting for the box to dry since it's been cold here and I dont want fiberglass fumes in my house. It was worth it though in the end. Here's a pic of what it looked like before a few more layers of fiberglass and the front.
524749_12.jpg
The box is somewhere around 1 cubic foot I believe. It's not really possible with all the curves for me to tell the exact size, but it's what my sub requires give or take a little.

-DaViper

What's the access panel? I took out the litte cover thing so the box could go deeper back since I molded it with fiberlglass. I took out the jack and put it in the spare tire area now that the stock sub is out.

-DaViper

DaViper said:
What's the access panel? I took out the litte cover thing so the box could go deeper back since I molded it with fiberlglass. I took out the jack and put it in the spare tire area now that the stock sub is out.

-DaViper
D'you think that I could put the jack in the spare tire area in an '02 P5 that doesn't have the stock sub? Actually, I'll try that in a couple of hours! Cuz I'm really liking your setup. I mean if you could make me one for an eD12A.22, i'd be REALLY happy to send ya some money! hehe

Last edited:
Naw I like this carpet and it almost exactly matches the stock carpet. I may carpet the other side soon, but it will be tough since the carpet isn't too stretchy and that area is really curvy. I may be making a few of these boxes in a few months with my friend if people are interested, but it wont be till at least june until we start.

-DaViper

Are you thinking of doing another fiberglass enclosure for the amp on the other side? That would look sick with plexiglass and maybe some neon in it to show off your amp.

I may, but it wouldn't be until june maybe. I'm not sure how I'd do it yet, but I could easily do some stuff with neons etc since I already have a 36" nenon in my trunk wired to turn on when the hatch opens, an it will also flash to the beat of the sub.

-DaViper

What did you do with your spare?

I ask because I saw a ricer driving on his rim trying to get somewhere yesterday. Poor rim...

The spare is still under the carpet in the trunk where it has always been. The only things took out was the stock sub that sist in the middle of the spare, and I moved the jack that was in the side of the wall.

-DaViper

I actually found it at walmart when I wasn't really looking for it. It matches much better in person, the camera makes it look a little off. I'm not sure hwy my camera is kinda funny with the colors in my car, my seats always look purple when I take pics of them.

-DaViper

Back