Finally took some new pictures.. BM MS3

BLACKMS3

:
2007 MS3
Here they are. Of course it started sprinkling as soon as I started...

Side2.jpg

Side3.jpg

Side1.jpg

Side4.jpg

Rear1-1.jpg

Nice. Decals and rims are a little out of my taste, but it ain't too bad.

What tint is that?

Thanks!

It's really a like it or hate it setup, but I'm on the like it side.....

The tint is actually 35% fronts and 20% for the rest... the overcast sky makes it look pretty good.

I cant stand the stock rims but you pulled it off on this car, I would get black badges though , chrome is outta place now.

Your car looks like a track vehicle. Looking HOT dude! Its that the stock height? Or did you lower it? Im also going to get my stock rims powder coated black. maybe a glossy black. Not sure yet.

Well, the car was recently hit in the passenger quarter panel. Not severe, but still needs to be fixed... I think I'm going to have the bodyshop shave the rear flying "M" and I'm looking at open mouth grill options now...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Well, the car was recently hit in the passenger quarter panel. Not severe, but still needs to be fixed... I think I'm going to have the bodyshop shave the rear flying "M" and I'm looking at open mouth grill options now...

Thanks for the comments guys!

So that damn "M" on the rear DOES have pegs? Damn it...i was looking into removing it. Maybe ill paint it black....

Yeah it does have pegs....

And the car is stock height BTW, I may lower it in the next month pending wife approval...

Yeah it does have pegs....

And the car is stock height BTW, I may lower it in the next month pending wife approval...

Haha! I think it looks fine as is man. I just got my MS3 2 weeks ago and when i had my old car (2004 Matrix) i vowed to NEVER lower a car again. After 2-3 years, the drive is unbearable. But thats me. Looking good for sure tho!

i didn't know you can paint over oem rims... what kind of paint did u use... whered you get it, im thinkin bout paintin mines too !!

It's not paint, it's powdercoat. The stock paint has to be stripped before powdering, although you should be able to paint over the stockers, provided they are cleaned thoroughly and scuffed up.

If you are wanting some powdercoating done, I would these guys a call:

PRIZM Powdercoatings
prizm@poncacity.net
580-767-0220

Ask for Randy or Laurie and tell them Alex sent you.

Whats the theory with powder coating rims I've heard that the heating to set the powder coat weakens the aluminum? Did they mention this to you?

Yes, they did mention this and the fact that using an industrial blaster to remove the stock paint could do the same thing. That's once reason they used a smaller blaster with different media and twice as long to strip them.

They were very careful in making sure they did not heat the wheels up too much at a time and used low heat settings.

I'm not convinced that the heat used in those ovens could actually remove the temper in the forging in the first place as the ovens don't really get over 300 degrees, but my Powdercoater was on the ball about it and seemed to really know what they were talking about.

I like what you did with the wheels. I had to look twice to see if they were the stock wheels. Good job.

Back