Finally! Pics of my Mz3. 56k Beware!

:
Mazda 6s Lapis Blue / Mazda3 5-door Sunlight Sliver
Hello everyone. I have been wanting to post pics of my 3 for quite some time but it's taken forever to get some of my mods. I didn't want to show the car stock (we all know what it looks like now).

So, here are the pics and also the list of mods I have so far:

Red Calipers (used Duplicolor purchased at WalMart for $15. Very easy to do, but make sure you take your time and use jack stands if you have them)
Red Door and Dash Trim
Auto Dimming Mirror (being installed this Saturday and will post pics then)
Mazda Silver Pedals (being installed this Saturday and will post pics then)
Red Premium Floor Mats (don't know if I like them, but they are growing on me)
Black w/ Red Stiching MOMO Shift Boot (just installed it today and will take pictures soon. Install note: This was extremely difficult to install. You will need to cut about 3.5" off the bottom of the boot which was 8" when I bought it from MOMO. I was practically crying as my scissors cut the Italian leather. I will post pics of the install on another thread this weekend.
Stubby Antenna
Rear Bumper Step Plate

I think that's about all for now. Sorry I don't have all the pics, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I love this car and I just want to show it off as much as I can. Forgive me (wiggle)

1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

See ya everyone!

Too bad the floormats/seats weren't a solid red section...It would have matched the doors much better...The checkerboard design takes away from thew overall appearance of the interior(in my opinion). Still looks good tough:)

2K3 MSP said:
Too bad the floormats/seats weren't a solid red section...It would have matched the doors much better...The checkerboard design takes away from thew overall appearance of the interior(in my opinion). Still looks good tough:)

I agree 100%, but sometimes you have to work with what you got and make the best of it. Thanks for all the replies so far.

Nice.. I wanna do the same with my blue 3... I'm glad they have the accents in blue!

Antoine said:
Sweet pics...what camera are you using?

The camara is the 4mp Kodak 6440. Not the greatest, but it gets the job done and provides quality high resolution images. I enhanced all the photos using Photoshop. That's mainly why they look the way they do.

lookin good

nice pix or a sweet car speedalot! i had to go through your post twice because i was captivated by the background. i was thinking jeez, what a manicured neighborhood, it that for real??

Sir. SpeedALot said:
I enhanced all the photos using Photoshop. That's mainly why they look the way they do.

looked at the car the second go around and it looks great!! thanks for sharing.

ingreenSD said:
nice pix or a sweet car speedalot! i had to go through your post twice because i was captivated by the background. i was thinking jeez, what a manicured neighborhood, it that for real??

LOL. I live with my inlaws. It's nice marrying a girl that has rich parents. (nana)

But it's cool. They don't help us out or anything. We just get a nice place to live. At least until we can save up some money. ;)

Update on the auto dimming mirror istall. The dealership just called and told me that they cracked my windshield during the install of the mirror. I couldn't believe it and neither could they. For some reason the glass started to spiderweb as the were taking off the old mirror. So, this is just an FYI for all of you that want to do this install yourself. I don't know if the mechanic was incompotent or if this is actually a risk, but at least it's covered under warrenty (when they install it) and the dealership is ordering me a new one. I will have the car back on Tuesday and will post picks of the mirror and the new pedals. Later.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the dealers as far as possible! I know lots of people can back me up on this one ---> They suck hard!

..I just felt like you'd like to know. Anyway, you will (probably) notice it on your own. Good luck! Try to play veerrrryyy nice with them...

BTW, I love your car. That will be my next model. 2006-2007 probly.

did you do the door trim yourself?? I really like that and was wondering if it was hard also do you have any pics of the engine cover??

Nymisus said:
did you do the door trim yourself?? I really like that and was wondering if it was hard also do you have any pics of the engine cover??

Yes, I installed the door trim/dash trim pieces. It took me about 20min. I just got my car back from the dealership, so I will take pics of the engine cover, battery cover, fuse box, and shift boot this weekend.

"But it's cool. They don't help us out or anything. We just get a nice place to live. At least until we can save up some money. ;)"

isnt letting u live in their nice huge house helping out a ton. no rent, no electric,no phone, heck if i could do that i could afford driving hummers and corvettes lol sorry just found it funny. interior looks pretty nice, how close do all the colors match up in person i know on the pc it can change the clorors a bit.

isnt letting u live in their nice huge house helping out a ton. no rent, no electric,no phone, heck if i could do that i could afford driving hummers and corvettes lol sorry just found it funny. interior looks pretty nice, how close do all the colors match up in person i know on the pc it can change the clorors a bit.[/QUOTE]

Carefull...you're making big assumptions there. We live in the basement and pay rent and utilities, but it probably doesn't compare to what we would be spending on our own house. Also, we both graduated college and have really good full-time paying jobs (that's why we can afford our cars). ;)

In regards to the colors...mostly they match up. However, the trim pieces, the cloth seats, the instrument gauges, the shift boot stiching, and the premium mats all have different "light and dark" versions of the color RED. I think the only real color difference is in the instrument panel lights, which sometimes can look more orange than red. Overall, I think it looks awesome. I'm very pleased on how well it's all coming together

Last edited:
Back