Finally Metra made the kit for the Mazda 3

yac2727

:
2004 Mazda 3s Black Mica
Finally Metra made the kit for the Mazda 3. It's supposed to incorporate the clock. I haven't seen a picture but the guy who ordered it for me says it's real nice looking.

It's not cheap. $75 bucks. Well, we'll just have to wait for pictures!! (wow)

Man u got owned......$75 that's alot!!!!!!!!! I just got one too, go to this link.......mobilcaraudio.com. the parrt # is 99-7504. Price $24.95 (rockon)

Rush24 said:
Man u got owned......$75 that's alot!!!!!!!!! I just got one too, go to this link.......mobilcaraudio.com. the parrt # is 99-7504. Price $24.95 (rockon)

Will you snap some pics when you get it? There have been concerns about the mobilcaraudio deal because it looked a little shady on the site, and $25 is cheap compared to the $55-75 quotes I have been hearing from others..

If/when you get it please let us know because I will be the next in line to buy one. I can no longer tolerate the absolutely crappy HU in the 3 (especially the tuner, ugh!)

I'm sorry it is not mobilcaraudio I was talking about being a little shady, it was another link I saw on another forum. Mobilcaraudio will let you pre-order and claims to have limited supply with long wait times for those who miss out on the first shippment. Don't know if that is a marketing ploy or not though.

$25 seems pretty good........I live in Colorado and i had my buddy get me one, he works at Quality Auto Sound and it was the same price. Check at Audio Express if u have one near u they are all good guys! (rockon)

there isn't s*** on the mobilecaraudio.com site. Maybe it is just me but they don't show actual products with spec. Just some bkd pics that are not hot linked to anything. Please correct me if I am wrong. That site is ass. But that is coming from a graphic/web designer. sorry

splitvizion said:
Let me know what you think

I think that looks like a quality job! I would prefer not to weaken my already-strugling-on-a-hot-ass-day AC by removing the center vents though.

I plan to get the Metra kit, but not installing the pocket where the display is, that is tacky IMO. I think I am going to try to cover the hole with balsa or bondo or something and then paint the whole thing gloss black. No more display hole and a nice clean look.

splitvizion said:
when you can't find what you want you go and take things into your own hands. That is what I did as soon as I purchased my MZ3. I chose to axe the clock. I thought it was ugly anyway.

Here are the pics of what my setup looks like:

Let me know what you think

The quality of the job appears really well done, but I think it looks way out of place. It's functional, which is good...but I wouldn't do that to my interior (well, I couldn't with the navi, but...).

I'm afraid of the same thing with a metra kit or anything else. Would like to see pics of the metra kit...

As it stands it'll take a lot to sway me away from using the stock w/a high-level converter (or whatever the line converters are called). But that'll be down the line when I can afford a set of speakers for the rears and an amp to power them and my diamonds, so there'll be room to convince me if something looks decent :)

I would like to see what this metra kit looks like, so if anybody has a link please post. And in reguards to my setup I had to sacrifice the center air ducks. There just wasn't any other method of putting in a aftermarket HU. Well at least not anything that really looked outside of the box. I am going for uniqueness. I have yet to see anything like what I have. Eventually I will have a LCD fiberglassed in the place of the stock HU area and it will match the paint of the car like the top. Fiberglass is not a cheap process so until I can get the money we are on hold. Thanks for your opinions.

ok now I am pissed where the hell is the kit for the 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the only image out right now...........

Attachments

• mazda_kit.jpg
    mazda_kit.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 615
Rush24 said:
This is the only image out right now...........

That looks just like the kit on autotoys.com. I emailed them and they said two weeks until they ship. Less than $40 though...

splitvizion said:
there isn't s*** on the mobilecaraudio.com site. Maybe it is just me but they don't show actual products with spec. Just some bkd pics that are not hot linked to anything. Please correct me if I am wrong. That site is ass. But that is coming from a graphic/web designer. sorry

I ordered my kit from there, and I recieved it in about 3 days. That was with ground shipping. I dont know why you are having trouble, took me like 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back