Finally joined the zoom zoom boom club

HighwayUFO

:
2003.5 MSP, 2000 Miata LS, 2006 MS6, 2008 MS3,2013 MS3
Yep ,thread title says it all, after constant ridicule here about my car not lasting with what I've done to it, tens of thousands of miles later she decided she needed sleep. If anyone knows where I can get a full forged motor, please let me know.

Welcome to the club.......... Although I never went BOOm, just alot of chatter ;). Now Go forged and have more fun.

Rob

Not like this is an elite club anynmore. LOL. Sorry to hear man. Just start shopping.

The aftermath. Well, what I was able to find on the road.

boom.jpg

Back of the block or pan to? PICS!!! You may have me beat. I had a softball size hole on the back of the block but not alot of road debris, and the bottom of rods stayed on the crank.

Theres a ton of places where you can get parts, Crossover, Speed Circuit, Protege garage, SU, the list can go on.

But the question should be whats the HP Goal? 300-400ish? then get K1 rods, anything over that get Pauter Rods, I suggest Weisco pistons cause its what most people I know run, and what I run and they are good.

It is cheaper to build it yourself just a FYI, have any questions feel free to PM me.

^I agree...mostly, I didnt get the K1 rods, i got the pauters because whats the sense in building an engine, thats only good up to certain HP levels?
I've never heard of K1's bending, but not many FS's go above 500 so that might be why lol

Ive got just over 10K on my forged engine, bought the internals from PG, should have used cross over, had a bit of problems trying to get the parts, but once they got here everything went smoothly
I built the engine myself, and it was a piece of cake...as long as you have a torque wrench and torque specs
It might be better to buy a forged short block if you cant find a used engine anywhere locally though, probably would be cheaper overall

Yeah I got the K1 longrods and Weisco 8.8:1 with .020 overbore from crossover due to me not planning on going over 400HP. And Never heard of issues with the rods or pistons. Wasn't it Aries that had issues with the oil squirters? I don't remember that was awhile ago. But a Long block with a little headwork, pistons, rods, ACL Bearings, ARP studs all around, Cosmetic head gasket, and all the gaskets and Timing stuff (forget the size of the head gasket on the top of my head) block machined, cost me in the end ~8k for the parts and machine work. Doesn't count the time I spent on custom parts that I need to make to clear my Downpipe and my oil temp gauge. But that's for other stuff that has nothing to do with the block. Pauter rods are More $$$ (like twice as much??) but they hold more. But Since I will not need the amount of HP that takes I didnt due to that would of added alot more to my bill haha

Do NOT go with Clevite 77 Engine Bearing's. They are really stock replacements. The ACL's are better.

Yea, arias pistons are junk from what i hear, someone had the actual crown of the piston break off near the valve cut-out
and yes they did have the issue with the oil squirters, i remember when forcefed and miguel were putting them in they had to take a die grinder to the pistons so they would clear...
not something I would do lol

Wiseco and K1's should be fine, OEM bearings are what I used...havent had problems yet, I've heard mixed reviews between the clevite and ACL's so i just went OEM,
i know of 2 or 3 high HP cars running OEM bearings without a problem, so hopefully i will be another one lol

that sucks man. i have access to a full motor if you need. pm me.
also, i see your mod list, but how many pounds were you running on that setup?

Back