Finally have pics of my P5!!!

theZD

Well, many of you asked me to post pics of my new P5 and they are finally here!!! (thumb) The car's not as perfectly clean as I'd like, but oh well. Also, I have many many more pics I can post on my website if anyone wants to see. :)

2002.5 MP5
DG Motorsports CF Hood/Eyelids/Hatch Piece/Dash Pieces
Short Ram Intake (not sure which brand)
Mazdaspeed Axleback Exhaust
Short Shifter (also not sure which brand)

I'm absolutely loving this car; I hope you all enjoy these pics!

Attachments

• IMG00024.JPG
    IMG00024.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG00031.JPG
    IMG00031.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG00033.JPG
    IMG00033.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG00044.JPG
    IMG00044.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG00055.JPG
    IMG00055.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 488
theZD said:
Well, many of you asked me to post pics of my new P5 and they are finally here!!! (thumb) The car's not as perfectly clean as I'd like, but oh well. Also, I have many many more pics I can post on my website if anyone wants to see. :)

2002.5 MP5
DG Motorsports CF Hood/Eyelids/Hatch Piece/Dash Pieces
Short Ram Intake (not sure which brand)
Mazdaspeed Axleback Exhaust
Short Shifter (also not sure which brand)

I'm absolutely loving this car; I hope you all enjoy these pics!

Based on the pics, that looks like a Kartboy shift knob. If you're lucky, you got the KB bushings too. :)

Damn that hood is hawt! If only I had the spare cash laying around.

Car looks great....congrats again on the buy (thumb)

The "box" that holds the intake filter has holes in the bottom, so any water will go out that way.

Thanks for all the kind words! I think my next projects (no money, hehe) will be:
Paint calipers
Paint headlight housing
Window tinting

Brian MP5T said:
Nice but what about rain.

Does it all collect in the garbage can or what?

I had the same thoughts, the vacumm of air from the intake looks like it will suck up at least some water. Hydrolocked engine = bad

Nice ride though (first)

theZD said:
The "box" that holds the intake filter has holes in the bottom, so any water will go out that way.

Sorry man, it looked just like the garbage can i have next to my workbench.

I figured that you might have had the same thing next to yours and in a crazy design spree cut the s*** out of it and fired it in to your P5..

Brian MP5T said:
Nice but what about rain.

Does it all collect in the garbage can or what?

lol You beat me to it.

That has to be a trash can! Not knocking it, it's a good idea. As for the water I believe the hood was designed to keep the water from getting to the filter.

Looks good.

Hey guys.

I actually hadn't thought about that looking like a trash can, but ROFL!!! It does!!!!! :)

It's not though. It's got this weird texture on the inside and the rim along the top is actually soft and makes a bit of a seal against the hood. Plus, the bottom is kinda curved to fit where it bolts on. Almost like it was made for the ram air intake, haha!

Anywho, thanks again. If you want to see more pictures, I posted them on my website for another friend, so they are accessible (or will be very soon). http://www.mindreply.com/mp5

i think the SRI came with the hood. IIRC the hood is like $1000.

from www.protegegarage.com
*edit* $1199. and was designed with the AEM SRI.
DG Carbon Fiber Ram Air Hood $1,199.00
pixel_trans.gif

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge
FREIGHT NOT INCLUDED Something very cool is happening here.... Real cold air comes from OUTSIDE your car - not ANYWHERE under the hood. Unless you have a supercharger or turbo, nothing rams that air other than a true NACA-designed inlet duct. The DGM P3/P5 ram air hood does this - and does it with style! Of course, the hood is 100% hand crafted carbon fiber, with a completely finished undertray. It comes complete with an AEM ducting and filter package, and our 1 year warranty on fit and finish.

Last edited:
Back