Finally got it

mazdaFIVEmike said:
Awesome colour choice!! We have the same and after seeing many others around I think its by far the best. I'll admit though the black looks pretty sweet, I just know if mine were black I wouldn't be able to devote the time to keep it looking good. The Platinum Silver is HOT!!

We got ours finally too! After a loooooong 5 month wait for a Platinum, I finally found a black one in another city. After having it for a couple weeks MAN are we thirlled with the black, my wife thinks it's a pretty badass antivan! Not so fun to wash, but hey what does she care? That's my job!

Attachments

• mmmmblack.jpg
    mmmmblack.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Dave - make sure to tint up those windows, I've seen a black one rolling around here with tinted windows that looks absolutely f***ing amazing. :)

perfecto said:
Dave - make sure to tint up those windows, I've seen a black one rolling around here with tinted windows that looks absolutely f***ing amazing. :)
Yeah, and I have yet to see any pictures of this fabled 5...

classy with a hint-o-nasty

perfecto said:

gonna book it for tint sometime in the next 2 weeks. Was probably going to do a fairly light smoke, even all the way around - going for "classy with a hint-o-nasty". I will throw up some pics whenever I can get it done - maybe that will get perfecto off the hook!

I got my 5 tinted to where the tint blends from light to dark. The front windows are tinted (legal) fairly light the middle windows are moderate and the rear is dark. Sounds funny, but it actually looks amazing. Hopefully, I get a digi cam for Christmas and i'll post pics

Wil

How's the fit for car seats in the 3rd row?

Myztri said:

Hi, looks like Britax Cow-moo-flage car seats in your photo - was it difficult to fit them in the 3rd row? Are you happy with the fit?

Trying to convince my wife to look at the 5, but so far her reaction to photos of the car has been strongly negative on the styling front.....

Cheers,
Andrew

yeah, but did you tell her that it's not a minivan? ;)

That why we ended up with a Mazda5. My wife didn't want a minivan or drive something that big.

andrewc said:
Hi, looks like Britax Cow-moo-flage car seats in your photo - was it difficult to fit them in the 3rd row? Are you happy with the fit?

Trying to convince my wife to look at the 5, but so far her reaction to photos of the car has been strongly negative on the styling front.....

Cheers,
Andrew

They sure are, and I have to say, the Cow Marathon in the back is installed with the belt, and it was SIMPLE to install. I also have a rearfacing Marathon installed with latch and rear tether, and it was a cinch as well.

edited to add- you MUST remove the headrests when using the Britax seats for a proper fit, however the headrests fit tightly under the seats from which they are removed.

Last edited:
PBDave Looks familiar Love the black aswell we love our 5 we had them Dealer trade one se we could have the color we wanted she loves the Black aswell congrats, and we dont mind the cleaning like you i have to do all the cleaning aswell but the day we bought our 5 we bought our first home the same night, with a super big 30x40 garage so cleaning is not a chore anymore ecs since i have room to clean both our black cars right beside each other and still have plenty of room lol looks great man good luck , heres a few photos of our black cars !!!

Attachments

• FIRST WASH!!!!!! 016.jpg
    FIRST WASH!!!!!! 016.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 118
  • FIRST WASH!!!!!! 013.jpg
    FIRST WASH!!!!!! 013.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 05 Vibe meet 049.jpg
    05 Vibe meet 049.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 05 Vibe meet 032.jpg
    05 Vibe meet 032.jpg