Finally Blew my engine...

Well I think you got a pretty good deal there, mate. I guess we just have slim pickins up here in Ohio. You Florida and Cali cats get all the perks. heh-heh

Anyway, I still think $1800 isn't bad for a new-ish motor installed. I mean, if I didn't have a garage, tools and the know-how, I'd pay that much for a new motor instead of just selling the P5 as a parts car. But it's your choice, man.

Find someone that will charge you a case of beer... thats always cheaper (rofl2)

thats a good idea i got my motor for 600 bucks from a local japanese importer, and paid another 400 to install. oh and it was done in one day. the guy did a fantastic job and had me running again the next day.

i think im gonna go ahead and do it then... any other opinions?

Just find a good tech who knows mazda. Check out their shop and ask around. I think Al jap will install the engine if you buy it from them. If you dont find anyone pm me I might have someone for you. But his shop is up here in FT lauderdale
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

yeah... i actually just got back from the mechanic and i took 2 pics and some video of the NEW engine... the guy doing the swap said it should have a lil more HP since its a J-Spec engine... he said i'll definitely feel a difference... the video of the engine... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufPJp0CzxbE

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
gl w/ the swap. I picked up a late model 626 engine for my car b/c they are a bit cheaper. I don't know if that is a JDM engine or not, I don't see the resonator on the IM. Either way you should be zooming again soon :)

Mmmm, so many things that could be done with the engine out. Make sure you get the intake manifold off whichever motor your not using it from. Port and polish that baby up and sell it to me, cheap :) Glad you decided to keep the car.

Depending how long the engine sat. Make sure you flush the cooling system. The cooling channels might have rust.

so i just left the mechanic and they said when i threw a rod something happened with a bearing and they had to get a replacement so i will have the car tomorrow... when i get home i will upload the pics and video i took...

Last edited:
good to hear man, sounds like things are working out in your favor lol, ya know minus the initial engine boom

Your putting in a complete engine? What does that have to do with a bearing!! Am I miss reading something here. That don't sound right. A bearing where ?

Back