Finally after almost 4 years

This is some real Jedi s*** going on right here.

I rarely say retarded stuff like that.....I poured a tall one as a result of this thread. Excellent work!

I've seen many honda engines sleeved, actually almost all of the boosted honda engines are sleeved. But what I wasent aware of is the fact that there were options for sleeving for closed deck engines, like ours. I just figured we would have seen someone sleeve out blocks considering Subelt, DocB and other companies have built race engines for the protege. Im really looking forward to finding out more about this build. AWESOME

I know you said it was a honda intake manifold but do u mind saying for what engine?

If its a b-series vtec manifold that would be awesome.

this thread is awesome. im glad someone stepped outside the box and tried new things, props to you man.

BTW: Murrilo motorsports in texas or arizona? i didn't know but was under the impression it was in arizona...jw

Last edited:
The ignition coils are RSX COP (coil on plugs)

The intake manifold is a Edelbrock Victory Jr for an Acura Integra, we had one at the house along with an extra OEM manifold and noticed the runners lined up. So cut the flange off both and welded the OEM flange onto the Edelbrock also fabricated a flange for the mustang throttle body.

As for the Exhaust manifold, yes it is generally similar to Brians but only generally. The pipes are routed differently, the turbo is mounted differently. While I can't really see what kind of tubing his is made from mine is made from Schedule 40 Stainless steel. It's seriously strong. we actually lifted the engine out of the car with it (had to send the engine back to the machine shop cause they screwed up and hadn't notched the piston skirts for the oil squirters.)

As for the transmission well, nothing as of yet. but I'm seriously looking at getting the PAC gear set if they are still available. Otherwise my buddy was thinking we might be able to make an adapter plate to fit an RSX transmission. I do have the Driveshaft shop stage 2 axles.

But I also have the TurboXS multistage boost controller so will atleast be able to bring the boost on in stages so as not to shock the tranny as bad. Also as a stop gap measure I know where I can get a gtx tranny for cheap.

i always thought that rsx transmissions were weak too

i always thought that rsx transmissions were weak too

Actually the RSX type S trannies are standing up to quite a bit of horsepower. I've known of one that was putting down 500 to the wheels on a stock type S tranny

OOppss my mistake...my buddy told me it's the 5sp trannies that are strong, the Type S is a 6spd in the 5spd case which means the gears are thinner and thus weaker. So it the regular 5 sp tranny that's good not the 6 sp Type S tranny

Last edited:
Actually the RSX type S trannies are standing up to quite a bit of horsepower. I've known of one that was putting down 500 to the wheels on a stock type S tranny

OOppss my mistake...my buddy told me it's the 5sp trannies that are strong, the Type S is a 6spd in the 5spd case which means the gears are thinner and thus weaker. So it the regular 5 sp tranny that's good not the 6 sp Type S tranny

i was gonna say, my good friend paul has a stock type s and destroyed his tranny during a burn out one night. so deff. not very strong tranny's as stated before

here i am going to drop money into a new built motor and i font out this car is weak in every way... first motors blows and now a weak ass tranny and 7k work of mods just to get 350whp WTF!!!

I think it is the non type s trans that is better. But the PAR gears are really nice. i think someone should do something about helping with the control arm deflection so theese things can actually hook.

I think it is the non type s trans that is better. But the PAR gears are really nice. i think someone should do something about helping with the control arm deflection so theese things can actually hook.

on our cars, or the RSX? ellaborate a little bit on what your talking about to

I think he's talking about the protege needing help with control arm deflection.

Back