Fiberglass Box for Mazda 3 Hatch!!!

3Mazdarati3

:
Mazda 3
I am currently in the process of building a new box for my car and it looks amazing. The thing is i thaught it wouldnt cost much.....boy was i wrong. im upset that i may have to sell the box but if anyone is intrested please tell me because im desperate. the box isnt finished but by christmas it will be. its going to be painted black, but if you are intrested in it before i paint it you can tell me and ill paint it to your color preference. here are some pictures of it...

Attachments

• P1010265.JPG
    P1010265.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 417
  • P1010266.JPG
    P1010266.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 327
  • P1010268.JPG
    P1010268.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 374
  • P1010269.JPG
    P1010269.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 485
damn thats huge, it will look badass if done right and painted though...... how much did you expect it to cost....... ??????

I expected like around $100 but my oh my its so much more lol

joka1 said:
damn thats huge, it will look badass if done right and painted though...... how much did you expect it to cost....... ??????

i went to the boat shop to buy the fiberglass and i looked at the wrong price and thaught it was 1.49 a yard and i got 12 yards and the guys like that will be 97... and im like r u kidding me so i was like ready to kill myself but i thaught ill just finish it off and sell it.
chuyler1 said:
$100... (lol)

Wow (wow)
Big doesn't describe that :)
Nice box, will surely be bad ass once completed and hopefully someone is into showing their car cause that would be nice for a show.

too bad its for a 3 and not a p5. I would love to have a fiberglass box. I already have the kicker amps and i just toasted one of my kicker comp vr's so i was looking at getting a set of 12" L5's

MikeBlueP5 said:
too bad its for a 3 and not a p5. I would love to have a fiberglass box. I already have the kicker amps and i just toasted one of my kicker comp vr's so i was looking at getting a set of 12" L5's
i got my old box for my 12's. its a sealed box covered in black vinyl. if u want i can build u a wood box. just give me dimentions and ill do it heres sum pics of my old box and setup...

Attachments

• P8110210.JPG
    P8110210.JPG
    700.9 KB · Views: 331
  • P8110211.JPG
    P8110211.JPG
    545.5 KB · Views: 297
3Mazdarati3 said:
I am currently in the process of building a new box for my car and it looks amazing. The thing is i thaught it wouldnt cost much.....boy was i wrong. im upset that i may have to sell the box but if anyone is intrested please tell me because im desperate. the box isnt finished but by christmas it will be. its going to be painted black, but if you are intrested in it before i paint it you can tell me and ill paint it to your color preference. here are some pictures of it...

any space for the groceries? haha good job

is that $97 US for only 12 yards of glass mat or cloth? What kind of mat are you using, that price just seems somewhat expensive unless you are using some high oz. woven glass cloth like roving or something but why would you use that for a box that stuff is made for tanks, airplanes, boats and such ? The $1.49 a yard for some chopped strand mat seems much more reasonable like you originally thought the price was, you may have gotten swindled.

- Phil

Latest posts

Back