Fell for it - now not sure, have 25 days to cancel. Plz advice

I bought the CX_5 about now a week back. It came with TOYO tires, all weather. But the literature has both TOYO and YOKOHAMA. Anyways - how good are these OEM tires and how long can I expect them to last (# of miles, i.e.). I live in NJ so wondering if I can go thru with these or buy specialized snow tires.

That's odd!

The post to which I answered Mjhagan75's question (in post #19) just vanished!

No. The CX-5 uses wheel speed sensors to monitor tire pressure issues and these sensors don't need to be replaced when changing wheels. My aftermarket wheels don't cause any issues with the sensors.

I recently had a screw embedded in the tread of one of my tires. The TPMS alerted me of the problem, I found one tire was about 4 psi lower than the rest. I didn't see the screw so I added air and made a mental note to check it out. But, over the next two days it had not lost a single psi of pressure. So I kept driving it. Then it alerted me again 5 days later and I saw it was almost 4 psi low again. I also saw the embedded screw so I had it patched.
This one? I still see it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It used to be a major up charge for cars with the tire pressure sensors, but it's good to see that's not the case

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bought the CX_5 about now a week back. It came with TOYO tires, all weather. But the literature has both TOYO and YOKOHAMA. Anyways - how good are these OEM tires and how long can I expect them to last (# of miles, i.e.). I live in NJ so wondering if I can go thru with these or buy specialized snow tires.

The stock 19" tires are Toyos, whereas the stock 17" tires are Yokohamas.

If you don't have a history of busting tires & rims, then drop it. In any case it seems high to me for insurance of that type so I'd drop it in any case. Ed

These Toyo tires are freaking costly!! Just checked TireRack - they are the costliest.

Gotta keep the tire companies in business. They always put expensive tires on as OEM. That's why 99.9% of people never use them again.

Back