Feedback on fuel economy

D

Dojo

Hello,
I don't have Mazda, but I'm thinking about it. To trade my Matrix for it. And would like to ask you, how's your fuel economy what are you getting? Sticker say's one thing, but in reality every thing is diffrent. And I'm thinking of Speed or Protegy5. So if you can help me with that.
P.S. Don't B.. about my Matrix.

well, it depends on your style of driving
if you are a "spirited", thus, it is going to be lower than the sticker definetly

However, if normal driving, I hear the 2.0L get around 200 miles per tank

for the 1.6L i get around 180 miles per tank

2.0L owners, please correct me if i am wrong

Hope that helps a little

pro00 said:
well, it depends on your style of driving
if you are a "spirited", thus, it is going to be lower than the sticker definetly

However, if normal driving, I hear the 2.0L get around 200 miles per tank

for the 1.6L i get around 180 miles per tank

2.0L owners, please correct me if i am wrong

Hope that helps a little

180 miles per tank on a 1.6??? :confused: How big is your gas tank?

charles said:
180 miles per tank on a 1.6??? :confused: How big is your gas tank?

ummmm, i am not sure

however, i do know how much it needs to fill a gas tank though

about $1.49 a gallon of gas is about $15

so that turns out to be somwhere in the neighbour hood of about 10 gallons????? does that even sound right

I'll have to go and check

but if anything, it is WAY better than POS i used to drive
a 3.3L Dodge Grand Caravan
that car SUCKED gas like nobody's buisness

A P5's gas tank is 14.5 gallons. If you get an avg of 27 MPG, that's about 391.5 mi on a tank.

Personally I usually fill up at 1/4 tank with ~ 300 mi, and geting ~26mpg--cold weather, auto.

Ok, now I can post here. Was problem with my age.
Speed will be my choice, and I didn't see any mpg for the speed. I know what the mpg will be diffrent for the sticker.
Last time I check I got 30 on the Matrix, but I never go above 3.
friction Matrix is a nice car, you can't say anything bad about it.

I drive a MSP and I average 30.2 on the Hwy. Thats with no driving over 3500 RPM

In town i have seen it range from 23 to 27.5 depending on my driving.

chino said:
I drive a MSP and I average 30.2 on the Hwy. Thats with no driving over 3500 RPM

In town i have seen it range from 23 to 27.5 depending on my driving.
That sound good, specially with the turbo....

Dojo said:

Last time I check I got 30 on the Matrix, but I never go above 3.
friction Matrix is a nice car, you can't say anything bad about it.

I was giving you crap just because you asked me not to - not very nice of me, I know. ;)

I do like the Matrix - you just cannot go wrong with a Toyota. Not a bad looking car either - I really like anything that is a little unique (well, except for the Aztek).

BTW, j/k=just kidding. :)

Again, welcome to the board. What was the deal w/your age - is there a minimum age to post or something??

Last edited:

Again, welcome to the board. What was the deal w/your age - is there a minimum age to post or something??
It's all in the test drive now...
Thanks for the welcome. Not really a limit, but your parent's have to sign a form. They have to sign it if your under 13, but I'm 21 and it still didn't let me post. Imagen going to the parent and asking them for permision .... Won't be funny.

Back