Fcd w/ ssafc?

noyesboy

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I have a SSAFC that im going to put in after i order a new wideband O2 sensor does the afc act like a FCD, what i mean is will it keep the computer from cutting fuel i plan on tuning at 12-13 lbs and even though when i had my wideband working the AFRs were ll.9's on 13 lbs it was still cutting in and out so....i was wondering if i need to get a FCD so i can run that kind of boost?

I also have wrx 440's and im sure i need a 255 walbro pump but do i need to upgrade the fuel rail to run them, cause if not im going to put them on when i hook up the afc.

the ssafc doesnt have a built in fcd but depending on the tune you use it can function like one, and as far as your 440's those are the largest injectors you can use as a direct drop in with the factory rail

You should be fine with the stock fuel rail. The SSAFC will negate the need for a FCD. The FCD is really a bandaid in place of a proper tune.

You were getting 11.9 AFRs in boost untuned? That's pretty damn good, even when running up to 9psi my AFRs are in the 9s.

yeah that was at 13lbs here in abq, nm its stupid high elevation so i think the open loop fuel curve was leveling out perfectly for that much boost here. But if i run 10lbs the afrs are below 10's which my gauge doesnt even read

my friends turbo truck runs 45lbs of boost here and he said he picked up 4 lbs of boost going from here to Oklahoma city so....

Last edited:
the elevation here is 6300 ft. i finally got my car all put back together and put the ssafc on i cant even run 8psi without getting fuel cut and my afr's are in the 10's anybody know why im getting fuel cut, im on the stock supermap which should be overly rich even on 10 or 11 psi any iinput wouild be appreciated im going to be tuning it for the first time this weekend

Back