Favorite colors on '16 CX-9?

wombats33

:
C300
I'm looking at a new CX-9 but haven't been able to see many actual cars at dealers to get a sense of the colors. Anyone seen the dark blue or silver? Any favorites?

My Soul Red....
2i9qjc3.jpg

qnvdhy.jpg

2610lmg.jpg

2dumog6.jpg

Last edited:
I test drove one that was blue. Definitely looks good. My least favourite is probably the silver. It didn't look terrible but definitely not one I would choose.

I love my snowflake pearl white Signature with the Auburn nappa leather interior. Gives emphasis IMO inside and out.

+1 on the Snowflake White Pearl Mica.
Though there are a LOT of white SUVs out there, IMO Mazda's white is the class act of the bunch.
I have a tan interior in my GT and have loved it for 4,200 miles since the June delivery!

We started our car search in agreement that we would not get white, which I have always despised (like picking a car from the carpool), or gray, which my wife has always despised (like painting a car the color of the road). But in the end, Machine Gray Metallic grew on us. It has amazing depth and a satin tone, and it's particularly nice with the Auburn leather inside.

Honestly, my wife liked the blue, but we wanted the Signature trim. I would have preferred the Liquid Silver that's on our Miata, but I don't care for Sonic Silver, which reminds me of anodized aluminum--think of an Apple device with a glossy clear coat. We probably would have ended up with black if it were a true glossy black rather then the "mica" paint that looks like dark charcoal in the sun.

Snowflake Pearl White, Soul Red and Machine Grey...

These were my top 3.

White would be my 7th white vehicle!...looks nice but White is ultra played out in my area...
Red....Not available in the Signature trim in Canada... I almost went GT-Tech.. Red on Beige Leather..Couldn't find one... My wife and others didn't like the wheel well arch trim as it stood out on the red

Machine Grey..... Ultra Classy and upscale looking in the Signature trim.... I get so many compliments about the paint color with the Auburn Leather combination..... I think the most expensive looking combination.. the paint just looks fabulous at different angles....kinda grey/black chrome...it makes the CX-9 look like a molded piece of polished steel..and those ugly wheel arches don't stand out

mazda-cx9-1.jpg

I love my snowflake pearl white Signature with the Auburn nappa leather interior. Gives emphasis IMO inside and out.

The white really does look good. But those rims look really great! I haven't seen Mazda stock rims that look like that before, were those an add-on, or that's what comes with the Signature?

I didn't think I'd like the black, but it's also interesting...lots of green, blue and purple flake in it...But it's black, and hard to keep clean!
Sorry, no good pix showing it pop...I'll have to catch it on a wash day.

Did you remove the black plastic trim? If so it makes a huge difference and should be pointed out to OP. I wish the l
Plastic trim would match the car paint. Looks so much better without the harsh contrast.

Mine is Machine Gray, my second choice was Blue

Now that I look at it on my PC maybe the trims aren't removed. The contrast in the picture edit is too high too see. (But I might be wrong)

The plastic trim is still there. Just the lighting when the picture was taken from my phone. Anyway, here's a close up photo of the rims HerbM3. And these are not factory wheels TheRealEssad. Signature trim comes with 20s and these are 22s.

Last edited:
I like my Titanium. It's a little different than the Machine Grey - it's got the metallic flecks that I prefer. I looked at a GT with the Machine Grey, but unfortunately I looked at it right at sunset and it looked "just grey" to me. I was in a hurry to buy (God rest my totaled Mazda 6) so opted for Titanium.

(ok, I can't make the image inline for some reason. :( )
092-3.jpg

Last edited:
Came to the dealership with a full intent to buy Machine Grey or White. Left with a dark blue -- it was that much better in person, compared to the photos.

Still, Machine Grey is a close second for me.

I like my Titanium. It's a little different than the Machine Grey - it's got the metallic flecks that I prefer. I looked at a GT with the Machine Grey, but unfortunately I looked at it right at sunset and it looked "just grey" to me. I was in a hurry to buy (God rest my totaled Mazda 6) so opted for Titanium.

(ok, I can't make the image inline for some reason. :( )
View attachment 215444

That looks sharp. First saw that colour on a CX-5 when I was in the dealership but hadn't seen it on the CX-9. Was thinking it would probably look good, and it does.

Back