03 MSP & 91 RX-7 & 00 1500
Picked up a 95 929 a few days ago.

Couldnt pass up this car.
One Owner
70k Original Miles
Paint is pretty good shape
Interior is almost flawless

Car is comfortable as s*** too.

3.0 V6 that sounds pretty dam good and its RWD!!!

RWD family car FTW

only down side is that its an auto, but its the same trans as a FC RX7 so that means a 5 speed from an FC would bolt up to the engine. So that might happen down the road.

Also can install a LSD from a FC as well.

Plans for the car:
18" or 19" staggered wheels
Exhaust
Intake
PnP Intake mani and TB
Small Stereo setup with Pioneer Double DIN

Just had some brake work done, new rotors, pads, brake fluid flush and rebuilt caliper.

Here are some picture from the day I got it, car is pretty dam clean for being a 95. I love driving my protege but this car is so dam comfy lol... plus it has some decent get up and go for being a 3600 pound car.

2012-10-24_18-00-19_697.jpg

2012-10-24_18-00-58_541.jpg

2012-10-24_18-01-11_44.jpg

Things on the list to fix.

Gas door opening actuator - really hard to find
Tranny Flush
Diff Flush
Oil Change
Valve Cover Gasket

planning on taking it to pittsburgh for christmas so i want to do the timing belt, water pump, front main seal and whever else there is to replace while im in there.

looks awesome man! Love the 929's! There pretty rare in all truth. Plus they had one of the coolest options ive ever seen. You could get one with a factory Solar powered sun roof that charged the battery while the car was parked.

mine doesnt have that option :(... i wish it did though. Was reading about that after i bought it, it also run a two fans that are in the trunk, when the temp gets above 59 degrees it power the fans and vent the air in the car.

unless im retarded but the one thing blew my mind was that there is no glove box in the car.

That does look clean, nice pickup. Nothing wrong with driving in comfort. MSP harshness can get a bit old on long drives.

A foam pad and some Meguair's Ultimate Finish Polish M205 and Meguair's Hi Tech Wax M26 will make that paint look very good.

That does look clean, nice pickup. Nothing wrong with driving in comfort. MSP harshness can get a bit old on long drives.

A foam pad and some Meguair's Ultimate Finish Polish M205 and Meguair's Hi Tech Wax M26 will make that paint look very good.

ill have to get some of that stuff.

Glad you were able to pick it up! Looks good!

ya.. car ran good the whole 3 hour drive back, get to my buddies place and my GF's fuel line breaks.. SOB

so until we get that fixed the updates will be slow since she is rocking the car, she told me to not get her car fixed though. She likes the 929 way more then her 05 malibu

well im slacking and have not photos yet

but the 929 is lowered a little bit with some 18" RX8 wheels.

also swapped out the head light bulbs with some brighter bulbs and found a set of sylvania blue/purplish side marker bulbs. Wondered why i could never find them... well its cause they stopped making them lol. Found some sets on ebay and bought 5 of them lol

Same bulbs i have in the MSP, still glow amber but give a nice blueish glow in the day time.

DSC04996.jpg

going to be finally getting the parts to do the timing belt, front main seal and water pump.

getting it ready for that long haul to pittsburgh for the christmas.

next thing on the list is a muffler.

Thinking of going with a dual tip vibrant stealth black muffler.

trying to keep the car quite but have a nice sound to it when i decide to get on it, this is going to be the baby hauler so it needs to be some what quite haha.

Last edited:
looks good man! Enjoy it and take care of it, it can break you! if you let it get out of control!

ya.. slowly working on just doing all the maintenance on it before i start doing some mods to it.

anywhere to get some good info on the car?

Did you ever mess with the exhaust on yours?

ya.. slowly working on just doing all the maintenance on it before i start doing some mods to it.

anywhere to get some good info on the car?

Did you ever mess with the exhaust on yours?

a good place is mazdaworld in the 929 section that is where most of the 929 folks are. But most of them are HC owners. most of the people that modify the HD model are in Australia. I never messed with the exhaust on any of my 929s, it has a very nice exhaust tone from what ive heard on you tube videos.

what questions you got I have had my share of trials and tribulations with these things..

will be more active soon. just dropped like 1500 in maintenance on the dam thing. Timing belt, water pump, front main seal, VC gaskets, intake mani gaskets, AC compressor, rear caliper, window regulator and more lol

trying to get some coilovers which is going to be dam hard to find.

the exhaust is "OK".. to be hones the car was from a guy that lived on the beach which is almost just as bad as a car from up north cause of the salty sea water. So right now the stock exhaust is pretty rusty and has some leaks.

My plans are to have it redone at a muffler shop. Delete the cats and run a vibrant muffler see how it sounds and then maybe add a vibrant resonator.

This guys sounds awesome but he never got back to me when i messaged him on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImOyIHFGvD0

but as far as the gear selector display i dont think mine has it. I think that was something they changed in 95 cause when i search stuff alot of it stop at 94 and then ill see stuff just for 95

looks awesome man! Love the 929's! There pretty rare in all truth. Plus they had one of the coolest options ive ever seen. You could get one with a factory Solar powered solar panel that charged the battery while the car was parked.

Yes it is in very nice condition.. Even I have got solar powered sun roof for charging battery.:):):)

Last edited:
Still have your 929? I love mine but it's definitely in need of some work.

Latest posts

Back