fading gauge lights ANY SUGGESTIONS?

steffenaj14

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
hey i need to replace the lights behind the speedo. any suggestions before i get back there and do it?

there's a thread on how to do it with new LED lights... i really want to do it but its like a real delicate process and i'd be afraid i ruin it...

yeah.. i'd actually pay to ship this to someone who knows how to do it and have them do it and pay them for it..

Im very very interested. I wanted to do black faces with blue, couldnt find where to buy them. That seems kinda steep for faces though.

Theres 3 different types on the back side i took my gauge cluster out yesterday because my lights are burnt out for temp and fuel. Theres 2.big size ones for rpm and spedo and the rest are tiny only difference is the plastic is brown on a few and black on a few and im not sure why. I called mazda and they had no idea either so ill be waiting tell monday and see what they have to say. I think theres about 10 little bulbs

If you don't want to replace the lights with LEDs then you can get regular bulbs from any auto parts store. I believe the sizes are #74 and #194 but I don't remember exactly. Replacing the bulb locations with LEDs will give you hot spots across you cluster and looks like trash. If you want LEDs you will need to spend some time installing them in other spots

kk thanks! I also noticed fading light on my temperature control dials, are those easily replaced also?

I dont know what the big fus is. Just pull the outside cover, unscrew the cluster, unhook the connectors pull the desired light out and replace with bulb listed above. Took me no more than 5 min.

Takes no skill even the guys that aren't mechanically incline can do it.

Any questions just ask.

Back