Factory Tweeter Replacement

leadf00t

:
2010 Mazda 6 GT
Has anyone installed aftermarket tweeters in the factory location, or purchased a seperates kit from Crutchfield ?

I briefly looked at crutchfield...but nothing serious. I seem to remember they didn't show that tweeters were original equipment and said that cutting was involved.

hey man i just put some of these in mine and it looks like i never even touched it (stock) basackly took the stock ones out of were they sit and put does in there and we used some kind of tape so they dont move or anything they fit perfectly in there... we also replaced the pther 4 speakers with alpine type r's 6x8s sounds 100000000000 times better lol
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=430&i=1081021T&tp=107

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for.

JBL GT series tweeters

I'm looking to install a pair of JBL tweeters inplace of the factory stock. The jbl's are 50W RMS, double that of the stock ones in my mazda3 maxx sport. (non bose unit). I have also pair of 6 1/2 JBL touring series speakers that I was thinking of using for the low mid frequencies.

After reading through the posts I understand that there are many options that exist as do with any after market car audio.

Funny as it seems I sold around 48 Concord HPL's 550&520 cassette stereo's (NOS) new old stock last year to people in the United States, Canada, and Australia, my home country.

Funnier still my first car was a Mazda 626 rear drive lemon yellow with black vinyl seats back in 1985. I installed a Concord HPL520 with a 50watt Concord amp (still got them) and Craig speakers.

Incidentally I do have a Nakamichi PA300 75watt amp that i'm considering adding to the JBL's. Should sound sweet just need to workout the wiring and crossovers.

I had some Hertz tweeters installed in the sail panels. They're 2x the size of the factory tweets. Dremel and a hot-glue gun ftw. The problem with just replacing the tweeters is they have a capacitor in-line that blocks low frequencies.

I had some Hertz tweeters installed in the sail panels. They're 2x the size of the factory tweets. Dremel and a hot-glue gun ftw. The problem with just replacing the tweeters is they have a capacitor in-line that blocks low frequencies.
why would that be a problem? you dont want lows going to your tweeters

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back