Factory Mazda Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrayzieFox

:
01 MP3 Turbo
This alarm came installed on my MP3, which I replaced with a 2-way Viper alarm and remote starter last year. It comes with everything needed for installation, except the LED (I can't find it).

I should mention that the install is ridiculously easy. Mazda actually supplied pre-spliced wiring harnesses which you simply plug into the stock harness, and only 2 wires need to be spliced. Other than that it's 99% plug and play.

Also includes the optional shock sensor!

$100 shipped SOLD

attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo-1155.jpg
    Photo-1155.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 2,258
Last edited:
I also have the installations instructions in a PDF, it's too big to attach but let me know if you want it emailed.

I still can't get over how easy Mazda made this install, it's literally plugging in 3 harnesses (4 for sedans due to trunk) and tapping 2 wires. And that's it..

Anyone know if this can be installed on a DX? I have a DX owner who's interested but we're not sure if this would work without keyless entry.

The alarm came with the car, and according to the Mazda installation instructions the plugs did as well.

KrayzeFox is right, I did this install in my P5 a few years back, and it was SUPER easy. It hasn't disappointed since. As for it going with the DX (without keyless entry), I don't know that it would work. It seems to me that the keyless entry module is what tells the alarm to arm/disarm when you press the button on the keyfob. So if there is no keyless entry, there's no way for the keyfob to arm/disarm the alarm. He'd have to install a keyless entry system in the car as well. I'm pretty sure it's gotta have keyless entry to use this alarm.
For those who do have keyless entry, however, this is an excellent way to protect your ride, with minimal cash and labor.
Good luck with the sale!

My old MSP did not come with a key fob and I was able to arm the alarm by locking the door from outside with the key in the drivers door.

programming instructions

Are there programming instructions for the factory alarm in my 2002 Protege5.
I would like to disable the horn beep when arming and disarming (not disable the system), and set it so it doesn't auto arm. I imagine the procedure involves turning the ignition key on - off then pressing the valet button several times...
Thanks in advance
Trevor

Is this still available, I currently have the keyless entry now. Is this the same thing or is this different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back