Factory lowering springs worth buying?

far2fastmazda

:
2006 Speed6
I WORK FOR A DEALERSHIP THAT ALSO OWNS A MAZDA DEALER AND I HAVE FRIENDS THER THAT CAN GET ME A GREAT DEAL ON THE FACTORY LOWERING SPRING. FOR A 2006 MAZDA 3. WILL IT BE OK TO PUT THESE SPRINGS ON WITH THE ORIGINAL STRUTS AND SHOCKS. OR WILL I NEED TO BUY AFTERMARKET ONES?

(limb)

Last edited:
(direct)YOU WILL BE FINE. LOWERING SPRINGS WILL WEAR YOUR STOCK STRUTS OUT FASTER AND THE RIDE WILL SUCK BUT THATS ABOUT IT.

You asked a question and i answered it... if you dont want s*** ride quality, either buy new struts that can handle lowering springs (koni yellow or FSD's) or dont lower your car. but even if you do buy new struts the ride will be stiff.

Stiff is fine i dont mind that i worried about. I want that. Im just worried about blowin a strut\shock to quick and you answer my next question which is what struts \shocks i should get. Thank you.

Koni Yellows or Koni FSD's.

I mean you can run stock struts its not like the ride will automatically sucks (probably can go around 10k depending on how many miles you already have on them)but me personally i could give 2 s**** about ride quality,especially if i can put off buying $500 struts. I know people who have been on stockers for about 40k and they are fine but i have never ridden in them so i dont know how it feels.

Yea the mazda speed ones. I dont wanna drop it far because winters here suck. And this is my dd so i just want about an inch. But those konis look like a good option i have not seen those before. Ill probably go with the h&r springs though.

Back