F2T H-type trans Bolts right up to FS block

Hm looks interesting. But to me its hard to judge how much you would have to do to it still. Does the motor mount fit still? Needs more pics of the "build" and some running videos of it moving and working fine.

I recently sold my 1st Gen PGT and always wondered about this. I like the 1st gear launch better in the MSP but the PGT would eat its lunch all day long in 5th without having to down shift. It was a better top end runner, especially at 15 psi.

MSP / 89-92 PGT Gear Ratios:)1)
1st 3.307 / 3.250
2nd 1.842 / 1.772
3rd 1.31 / 1.194
4th .97 / .926
5th .755 / .711
Reverse 3.166 / 3.461
Final 4.105 /4.105

Last edited:
Aftermarket is pretty much non-existent. A G series Quaife can be modified to go in to the H series.
The H series was actually engineered for boost in the PGT/MX-6/626 F2T powered cars unlike our Gs.
Those were also limited production cars so good luck finding a perfectly functioning H series that hasn't already been found by someone needing one for their F2T car.

Actually BOOSTR, they are easy to find as well. They did show up in MX-6/626 and Probes.

The problem is, that this is not a solution as of yet because of some huge problems that need to be solved. For one, the spline count is 31 on that box. Second, the half shaft would need to be heavily modified to bolt up to the FS therefore creating another weak point.

Even if these problems are addressed, nothing says that this trans can hold any substantial amount of power. i.e. 300WHP +

Also, this is pretty much the aftermarket support this box has (PAR):

Mazda H-Series Synchromesh engagement (3rd Gear Set)
$680 AUD (plus GST)

With the introduction of the F2T engine, the high torque (over 260nm - 200 ft-lbs.) demanded the development of the H-Series transmission. A 5MT unit which is basically a larger version of the G-Series units. Featuring larger center distance, gears and casing, 3rd gear and differential are still an issue in modified vehicles with higher than standard horsepower and torque. Due to the very small production run of these vehicles, the H-Series transmissions are becoming much more difficult to find 2nd hand and in junkyards with new parts also becoming rare.
Available off the shelf is a helical cut single cone synchromesh engagement gear set for 3rd gear with a ratio of 1.25 which is a direct replacement for the factory OEM gear which most often fails.

Maybe up there and things have changed. When I needed one a few years back it was a challenge and it wasn't perfectly functioning until it got rebuilt.

Maybe up there and things have changed. When I needed one a few years back it was a challenge and it wasn't perfectly functioning until it got rebuilt.

I definitely agree with you. You can't just grab them from the wreckers and use them without at least freshening them up, i.e. new bearings, synchros, and some TLC...

Just thought this may be interesting as it caught my eye on the forums. The hardest part of the swap (making a bellhousing adapter plate) is taken out of the equation. The other hurdles would be axles and motor mounts. I'm willing to bet that the shift linkage bolts right up as they did utilize a g-series trans in the non-turbo F2 variant.

This sounds like a lot of fab work, which unless you are skilled, would cost just as much if not more than it would to build up a G-series trans. I mean PAR gears are pretty insanely priced, but GTX gears seem fair priced to me as well as some of the welded LSD's like the M Factory.

Actually BOOSTR, they are easy to find as well. They did show up in MX-6/626 and Probes.

The problem is, that this is not a solution as of yet because of some huge problems that need to be solved. For one, the spline count is 31 on that box. Second, the half shaft would need to be heavily modified to bolt up to the FS therefore creating another weak point.

Even if these problems are addressed, nothing says that this trans can hold any substantial amount of power. i.e. 300WHP +

Also, this is pretty much the aftermarket support this box has (PAR):

Mazda H-Series Synchromesh engagement (3rd Gear Set)
$680 AUD (plus GST)

With the introduction of the F2T engine, the high torque (over 260nm - 200 ft-lbs.) demanded the development of the H-Series transmission. A 5MT unit which is basically a larger version of the G-Series units. Featuring larger center distance, gears and casing, 3rd gear and differential are still an issue in modified vehicles with higher than standard horsepower and torque. Due to the very small production run of these vehicles, the H-Series transmissions are becoming much more difficult to find 2nd hand and in junkyards with new parts also becoming rare.
Available off the shelf is a helical cut single cone synchromesh engagement gear set for 3rd gear with a ratio of 1.25 which is a direct replacement for the factory OEM gear which most often fails.

So building up MSP's tranny would be more of better result then messing with F2t tranny ?

I was thinking once i got a look at F2t engine and their air intake manifold looks promising by attaching it to a FS flange it should be better then 626 aim swap ?

Last edited:
So building up MSP's tranny would be more of better result then messing with F2t tranny ?

I was thinking once i got a look at F2t engine and their air intake manifold looks promising by attaching it to a FS flange it should be better then 626 aim swap ?

Well, the F2T trans is a road that not many if anyone has taken. A lot less support than the almost nonexistant support we have for the G series. A lot harder to find an H series trans. Parts are more scarce, etc...

All that to find out that it might NOT be a better alternative.

If you want to hold high WHP numbers, than I strongly suggest looking at a fully built Lentech Automatic.

Back