F2 Turbo Kit Installed

i was reading about the f2 turbo kit and I like wat i saw, for the people that have the turbo kit installed on their car, whats the pros and cons cas im about to order and install the kit on my 3 oh and what cc injecters should i use best?

no ima do the install myself, then after i have it installed ima take it to a tune shop in houston i don't know how much, but i have stock internals im tryin to get a new block and build it fully. I dont think the turbo kit comes with injectors its the F1 kit.

no ima do the install myself, then after i have it installed ima take it to a tune shop in houston i don't know how much, but i have stock internals im tryin to get a new block and build it fully. I dont think the turbo kit comes with injectors its the F1 kit.

Oops sorry, Read it wrong, you still need to install.

To anyone who has stage 2 kit installed, Did you have it shop installed or self install? Also how much to have it tuned after?

Sorry for being MIA. I don't usually go on this forum too much. Anyways the latest update is that the F2 kit will be using the XFC fuel controller instead of the Split Second. My car is currently running the XFC at 8.5psi and it is running perfectly fine with everything stock including the stock clutch! I will be upgrading the the Exedy Stage2 clutch very soon.

Anyways the F2 kit will come with injectors. It comes with everything needed to get it running. It also comes with an AEM wideband gauge and sensor.

Here is the link on what is included...
http://www.f2usa.com/index.php?main...d=4694&zenid=0913e3f1f31ab3fb3a3e38565b1b9e19

Any HP specs on their kit? does it give your car torque steer or make it much worse than stock? do you have a lsd?

I did not get a dyno yet but will very soon. Expect 250whp and 250lbs-ft @ 8.5psi. But dyno numbers all depends on where you dyno and on what dyno machine. If we have a dyno day near OC, SD I will go with you guys to see what I dyno with the same machine, so you guys can compare. The first dyno I will get will probably be on a dynapack which dynos lower than a dynojet.

I didn't notice any huge torque steer or anything. I did notice massive wheel hop with stock engine mounts. Like scary wheelhop! (nailbyt) I installed a rear mount and an ETD and that help calm things down. There is still wheelhop but it isn't that bad. I do not have a lsd and I'm not sure if I will be installing one in the near future.

Last edited:
Oops sorry, Read it wrong, you still need to install.

To anyone who has stage 2 kit installed, Did you have it shop installed or self install? Also how much to have it tuned after?

It does not have to be tuned after you install it. The base map will cover it. The XFC fuel controller is great because it self adjusts your tune based on what the afr you want by using the o2 sensor. Very similar to how a stock ecu does.

It does not have to be tuned after you install it. The base map will cover it. The XFC fuel controller is great because it self adjusts your tune based on what the afr you want by using the o2 sensor. Very similar to how a stock ecu does.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. So you didn't have to do any tuning after install? Great. I thought it would need a shop tune after. Was your car running smooth just on the auto tune of the XFC fuel controller?

Yes it is running smoothly now. I was the first car with the XFC on a PZEV vehicle so it was being tuned on my car for the base map. You can also tune it if you like on your own. It is very easy to do. You just need to put in what AFR you want at what load and rpm. It's not like tuning a Haltech or any other standalone. Which can be a hassle and the tune will never be perfect. When the weather changes a lot the Haltech tune will be crap. The XFC will however adjust to temp and weather changes.

Great, thanks a lot. I am planning on ordering the kit very soon. Just waiting for a guy to get his money to buy my motorcycle, haha, yes I'm selling my bike to boost the 3.

Your 3 will never be as fast as your motorcycle. Why not keep the motorcycle and just save up so you can order the turbo kit and keep the motorcycle.

Yea I know. I don't really ride my motorcycle much anymore. Between work, and the weather and all I don't ride much, so I figure I might as well boost the 3. I don't make enough extra money to save up for it so i'm just going to sell the bike since it doesn't get much use and use the money for the turbo kit. Thanks anyway though. Im selling my bike tomorrow and will order the kit by the end of the week. When its installed I will repost. Thanks for all your help.

I'd love to get myself a boosted 3 sedan.... some day.. if I don't move up to a bigger platform that is, haha. speed6 looks good too!

Just ordered the f2 stage 2 kit this afternoon. Will be getting installed next weekend and I will post after install. Hey ryukensfj, there are no CEL issues is there? Curious? Either way there's no going back, haha. Oh the excitement of boostland.

Just ordered the f2 stage 2 kit this afternoon. Will be getting installed next weekend and I will post after install. Hey ryukensfj, there are no CEL issues is there? Curious? Either way there's no going back, haha. Oh the excitement of boostland.

No there are no CEL issues... Wow can't believe you just ordered the kit just like that.

No there are no CEL issues... Wow can't believe you just ordered the kit just like that.

+1

I have super rare black mica MS3 that is the best! it has a turbo already and nobody else has one...wanna buy it? (sssh)

Back