EXTRA FEE's Hmmm... Dealer Truth or lie?

zoomZoomer

:
Mazda GS 2004 a/c Grey
Hi Everyone,

I've been told that I will have to pay the following on signing:

Admin Fee 175
100 Air Tax for a/c
75 Gas/ Emmissions tax
First Month Payment / Last month payment (in lieu of security deposit)
925 Freight / PDI

Of course I expect Registration and Licensing fees and my insurance.

I'm looking to buy the Mazda 3 GS with Air Manual Toronto ON Canada
dsn1977@hotmail.com if anyone is in the same boat and wants to discuss.

cheers.

I am guessing this is your first new car? I have had 4 new cars and those fees are usual...even with nothing down its still gonna cost ya 1k or so to take it home

Dealership will get its $$ in the beginning or in the end..

Thanks to this forum I may have a new dealership for buying my Mazda 3 GS !!! The response in here has been swift and friendly :)

There is an ad in the Toronto Sun today for Copping Mazda in Orangville..

They are offering the following:
100 000 km allowance - $699. Total due on signing
Total Lease obligation 15360 + 699. at signing =16059 total
approx 9000 buy back

Dufferin Mazda Has made the following deal to me on a similar model (before any real negotiation )
$1930.00 due at signing

13680 +1930 = 15610
approx 8790 buy back

Difference between both deals: 449 more for the Copping deal but that includes 20 000 more km's and the Convenience package ! Argh...

Attachments

• Toronto_Sun_March_7_2004.jpg
    Toronto_Sun_March_7_2004.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
My dealer tried to get me to pay a $100 dealer processing fee and I said, "Look i want the car for $20,800, and if you aren't gonna include that in the price, then forget it", and he basically ate the 100. The thing is I didn't finance so I'm not sure on those other fees.

bluntman said:
Avante Mazda doesn't have an Admin Fee.
Yes they do - they just put it elsewhere. I got Canadian X-plan pricing from them and the final price was within $10 of another dealership (technically they should have been equal given that corporate reviews all X-plan transactions, but $10 is close enough). Anyways, the other dealer included a $100 admin fee (which is legit under the X-plan), but their final prices were still within $10 of each other.

Bottom-line, the Admin Fee column at Avante is $0, but it's somewhere else. Dealers can play around with where to put them all they want, but it is there.

O.k. kids.. I've spent nearly 8 hours in the various Mazda Forums that I am a member of. I'm primed and ready to hit the bargaining table with the folks at Mazda tomorrow.

I can't wait to report back with the good news!

Wish me luck!

I got some quotes from www.ewheels.ca for the GX and GS models.. essentially they offer a 4% discount on MSRP. Better than what the dealers have been offering... I'm gonna use this as leverage tomorrow. Besides, they are holding inventory of the 3's as we speak.

I hope this helps anyone outthere that is looking to lease or buy.
Enjoy,
zoomzoomer

heres the best way to buy a new car. look over the net and find who has the car u want and go to each dealer, at each one tell the dealer what the last dealer offered it for and ask if he can beat it. i did this, going back and forth between 4 dealers, then 3 then 2 until the last dealer couldn't go any lower.

Hey Zoom,

all those fees are to be expected. Avante Mazda is a good dealer to go to, I recently purchased a 2003 Pro ES at Gyro Mazda and saved a little over $1000 because of Avante's competitive pricing. What you could also do is go to carcostcanada.com
What they do is look for dealers in your area with the best price(for a small fee from $20-$90 depending on the package you get). Carcostcanada also has a "take it or leave it" Program where you tell them how much you want to spend and they find a dealer that will accept the offer. Some dealers that will agree will give you a price over dealer cost, not MSRP. This is because you deal with only the fleet manager and they don't get commision. Before I bought the Pro, Brampton mazda was willing to give me a Mazda3 GS for $300 over dealer cost. I went for the protoge though because i got a better deal on it.

Good luck on your purchase!

Bogus charges

When I bought my 3 Sport GT, the dealer absolutely wouldn't budge on price citing the usual reasons (It's too new! It's so in demand! blah blah blah). Finally I got him to waive the "documentation fee" ($90 I think) by pointing out (a) that the Toyota and Suzuki salesmen I met with waived their documentation fee before I even sat down in their offices and (b) I read here on mazdaiii.com forums the name and phone number of another dealer nearby was selling them at $200 off MSRP. So thanks mazdaiii.com!!!

A friend of mine whose hobby is playing hardball with car dealers insists that you should never pay for the PDI because conducting a thorough inspection is in the dealership's interest since it gets to charge the factory for any defects it finds and corrects. Obviously I didn't have a good enough poker face to pull that one off.
(hand)

Mazda 3 crew ...

The good news is that I finally got a car.. it's only been 10 years since my last car (I'm a bitter public transit hostage) ... the bad news is that I have to wait for a shipment .. 4 more weeks!?!. It would have been 2 weeks only but I said no to Silver .. Yes to TITANIUM GREY!!!!

Can't wait.. first stop tomorrow.. BEST BUY!!! unless someone in this forum has a sweet deal on a BAZOOKA 8 inch or better with built in AMP?
THANKS GUYS FOR THE ADVICE.
Went to Gyro Mazda and the manager was nice enough to match the quote I got from www.ewheels.ca on the Mazda 3 GS with Air Manual which was about 5% off MSRP with some extra coverage thrown in. Either way I'm not complaining. I'm too excited about getting my baby to care if anyone got a better deal than I did.

Finally, I can move away from the "What deal did you get" threads and onto.. Car Audio for the 3...
Cheers,

Zoom Zoomer
(dance)

Congrats on the purchase, Gyro is a good dealer as it is family owned, I'm not sure if you met Paul Kmet, he was the guy that dealt with me, tell him Ermin says Hi!

canada3 said:
So when you guys in the GTA wanna get together and go kill some ricers

When my car arrives from Japan...which is probably never judging by what everyone is saying now. I see your car in the picture there....must be nice (rant)
I want one too. The one I ordered is just like yours except tit.grey How long did you have to wait?

well he took 1 week to tell me there was non around.he called mazda and the told him there was 1 on the boat already from japan so that was another 3 week wait....my dealer told before that info though that if he couldnt find one it woulld be 3 months.lucky there was one on the way so 4 weeks total wait and worth every second.........

The blending of the numbers

zenmaster said:
When I bought my 3 Sport GT, the dealer absolutely wouldn't budge on price citing the usual reasons (It's too new! It's so in demand! blah blah blah). Finally I got him to waive the "documentation fee" ($90 I think) by pointing out (a) that the Toyota and Suzuki salesmen I met with waived their documentation fee before I even sat down in their offices and (b) I read here on mazdaiii.com forums the name and phone number of another dealer nearby was selling them at $200 off MSRP. So thanks mazdaiii.com!!!

A friend of mine whose hobby is playing hardball with car dealers insists that you should never pay for the PDI because conducting a thorough inspection is in the dealership's interest since it gets to charge the factory for any defects it finds and corrects. Obviously I didn't have a good enough poker face to pull that one off.
(hand)

Dealers love to blend all the numbers together - which can get confusing if you don't go in with the almost exact amount of money you are willing to spend on the car, the lowest you will accept on your trade, and then there's the dealer offered financing and Payoff on your trade to consider.

I suggest getting the financing ahead of time so you can already estimate how much the car will cost you, and if the dealer can beat that rate, all the better. So while the sales manager scribbles numbers around, I kept my out the door price in my head, and was always polite and friendly, as they had been. I didn't want a confrontational transaction as I have had in the past, but I did not believe for a second the crap about No discounts on such a brand new hot model that I had YET to see on the street. In letting them think they had total control, they indeed sold me the car for MSRP.

However, I had to decline their offer on my trade and thanked them for their time. Luckily (lol2) they re-evaluated it TWICE and agreed to give me $1500 more than originally offered and more than I knew it was worth. However they wanted to document the sale was fine with me as the additional trade value even saved me more money on taxes. And in the end, I got my loan for the exact amount I calculated. Of course I had to avoid the Finance Guy and all the add-ons. But he was a nice guy, too.

So, blending the numbers was fine with me as IMO, I got what I expected on my trade plus the "additional" money I considered off the MSRP and bogus Prep Fee pre-printed on every contract nowadays. I get a Great car I love and they get another Cool Maz3 on the street to advertise.

The ol' .." You can get one sooner if you upgrade".. line

(canada) After all the bargaining and finally a purchase, I have been waiting about a week for my Mazda 3 GS Air Manual Tit Grey to arrive (or get ordered) (or ship) or something. Anyways, the dealer called me and said that a few 3's were already in Vancouver if I'd be interested in upgrading some packages. LIKE W>T>F? I bought the package I wanted because it suited my needs and budget.

I hate playing games with these guys.

The only thing lower than some of these dealers are thieves. And not by much.

Cheers,

Zoomzoom

Back