Exteriror Lights on Door Chime

drezin2112

:
2016 Mazda CX-5
Quick Question:

I have noticed if i leave my lights on and open the door on my 2016 MAzda Cx-5 there is no lights on Chime telling me i left them on. I am wondering if this is something that was not put into the 2016 car or is mine busted or something? Have any of you noticed this? I have left my lights on in a rain storm (in NJ it is a law if your wipers are on your lights need to be on) 2 times and have come out 6 hours later to find them still on. Luckily i did not have a dead battery either time and i do not have automatic lights that shut off on their own. Does the car have some other feature which is why they neglected to put in a chime?

any help you can offer is appreciated

Checked Owners Manual

Check your owners manual and your settings.

Ok So I checked my Owners manual and it says for the vehicles without auto lights that the lights will turn off in 30 seconds. Now that I think of it I think my parking lights were still on and not the headlights. I guess the lights shut off but the parking lights stay on? Have any of you seen this behavior? I will have to double check the next time I leave my lights on.

Thanks again guys !

drezin

You might be confusing this with the welcome home light settings. Look for that. You can adjust the time the lights stay on.

Back