Exterior Done.... Time to get under the carbon hood.

joeboy

:
2010 MS3 CWP
After a few different facelifts and trying on some different shoes, I'm done messing with the exterior.

- AutoExe front bumper and side skirts
- Carbon hood for AutoExe bumper (no emblem cutout (cool)
- Damd rear skirt
- JDM spoiler
- OE window visors
- Eyelids
- Tenzo R Cuzco 18x8 Rims (love these!)
- Progress Springs
- SPC adjustable rear camber links
- Magnum drilled rotors
- HPS brake pads

Important note about the Progress Springs: Like the MazdaSpeed3 springs, these are not specifically for the 5. They're actually for the 3. Although Progress' website and various other sites list them as Mazda 5 specific, I noticed the box was marked Mazda 3. So I checked the websites again and cross referenced the part numbers and sure enough, the springs are meant for the 3. What this means.... the rear springs are under sprung for the 5. I used spring bumpers to level it out (like everyone is doing with the speed3 springs). I used 4 on each of the rear springs to spread out the load. It doesn't need it to level the ride, but they do compress over time.

The adjustable rear camber links are also a must. After an alignment, I was able to get them +1 more positive then stock so I'll get more even tire wear.

The Tenzo R Cuzco rims are sick!! The spokes flair out real nice. It looks wicked when they're spinning. Downside... more susceptible to rock chips. Good thing is the finish is good so no worries so far. I also had to roll the rear fenders because the additional 1/2" of the 18x8 width means they stick out further - not to mention the suspension drop. I love these wheels cause they give the 5 a much needed wider stance.

So that's it so far. Next mods will be under the hood.(rei)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 300
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 405
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I must say I am really impressed. Well done man. Hope to see many more pics in the future. What are the future plans for it?

Good lookin black 5, but I must agree - black out the head & taillights.
M5%20HL%20blackout%20(7).JPG

Headlights are super simple, but tails... I'm still at a loss :(

That's ******* sick, yeah black the headlights and taillights and it would be perfect. congrats on a nice ride.

Some people may think the same about a CF hood on a yellow compact sedan since all the other (ricer) are doing it too.

Everytime I respond to a thread in the Mazda5 section, you (rodslinger) and only you try to talk s*** to me. I don't really understand it... I have never said anything to bash the Mazda5, but you seem to take everything personally... I agreed that his 5 looks sick. Just noted that the wing looked a little bit off.

Try to take things with a grain of salt, and not take everything like a stake to the heart. He posted his car up and he's getting people's opinions... Thx m8!

Insert prior schmuckness here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123744852

Everytime I respond to a thread in the Mazda5 section, you (rodslinger) and only you try to talk s*** to me. I don't really understand it... I have never said anything to bash the Mazda5, but you seem to take everything personally... I agreed that his 5 looks sick. Just noted that the wing looked a little bit off.

Try to take things with a grain of salt, and not take everything like a stake to the heart. He posted his car up and he's getting people's opinions... Thx m8!

You guys (i.e., ucMP3 and Rodslinger) may want to take this one outside......(enguard).
I think the rear wing on his Mazda looks pretty darn cool....I also think that the CF hood on your MSProtege looks pretty darn cool....So there.
Anthony

I said the same thing as You and rodslinger did not said anything to me hehe. I also find that strange ...

You guys (i.e., ucMP3 and Rodslinger) may want to take this one outside......(enguard).
I think the rear wing on his Mazda looks pretty darn cool....I also think that the CF hood on your MSProtege looks pretty darn cool....So there.
Anthony

lol, I just get comedy from it. But ya that is def. one bad ass minivan. Really well done job/very clean.

I said the same thing as You and rodslinger did not said anything to me hehe. I also find that strange ...

Ya I noticed this too but chose to leave it out. lol I guess I did something to him in a past life or something? Maybe he was a fly and I was a spider. :D

Sorry AwaKeN. I sometimes skim too quickly and didn't see that response. So to be fair, keep your ricer comments to yourself.... (burnout)

Chill out uc... That's all of two whole threads. I just like seeing how worked up you get over stupid s***.

Sorry AwaKeN. I sometimes skim too quickly and didn't see that response. So to be fair, keep your ricer comments to yourself.... (burnout)

Chill out uc... That's all of two whole threads. I just like seeing how worked up you get over stupid s***.

lol. Yes very worked up! I like seeing how you make yourself look like an ass... :D

hahah ok ! (bolt)

OH MAN That's one badass 5. I really love it. I'm looking to buy this wing too, but i'm missing the most important part of it... the cash $$$$ :( maybe next Fall.

Back