Exhaust Tips - 3.5" - 4"

Nikoman

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
It's no secret that the OEM exhaust tips small. I'm thinking of upgrading to 4" Magnaflow tips and wanted to ask the forum before purchasing.

What do you have and/or recommend?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 866
It's no secret that the OEM exhaust tips small. I'm thinking of upgrading to 4" Magnaflow tips and wanted to ask the forum before purchasing. What do you have and/or recommend?
I put 4" Magnaflows on my '13 touring and, while I like them, if I had it to do over again I'd go 3.5".

Those eBay ones are definitely the route I'm going. I'm gonna make sure I get the ones with the drain holes, though.

Just as with stock ones or any other polished steel tip, a quick hit with chrome polish will keep rust spots off and keep them looking new in perpetuity.

Last edited:
Those eBay ones are definitely the route I'm going. I'm gonna make sure I get the ones with the drain holes, though.

Just as with stock ones or any other polished steel tip, a quick hit with chrome polish will keep rust spots off and keep them looking new in perpetuity.

Watch the diameter. Some of the ones listed on eBay list 79mm (which would slip over the existing ones) and some show 69mm, which would definitely NOT slip over the existing ones.

3.8 inch titanium tips

Attachments

• tip4.png
    tip4.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 1,565
  • tip3.png
    tip3.png
    408.1 KB · Views: 521
  • tip2.png
    tip2.png
    559.7 KB · Views: 503
  • tip5.png
    tip5.png
    476.4 KB · Views: 623
What do you have and/or recommend? I assume he would like to see the tips as well

Actually, I was making a really bad pun on something usually called out during Mardi Gras... (I did say "Sorry..." ;-)

I did buy a pair that were mentioned by the second poster (OSCORP), but they are currently on a slow boat from China... This way I can preview them first before doing something permanent...

Those look great, where did you get them and how hard was it to put them on?

I forgot the site I got the tips from but you can either goon ebay or google titanium exhaust tips and you'll see a good bunch. Mine are from HKS, was about 50 shipped I believe. Install kinda sucked because the inlet of the tips were a tad smaller then the outlet from the exhaust (corksport axel back) but made it work. Once it was measured on to my liking it got welded inside and out along with spraypainting the weld spots to prevent rusting. took a couple hours total and I'm pleased with how it came out

It's no secret that the OEM exhaust tips small. I'm thinking of upgrading to 4" Magnaflow tips and wanted to ask the forum before purchasing.

What do you have and/or recommend?

Here's mine...before & after
mw7fq8.jpg

2vw8tpf.jpg

Latest posts

Back